Jonathan Lucroy Scheduled to Rehab with Manatees
Viera, Fla. - The Milwaukee Brewers have announced that catcher Jonathan Lucroy will start a rehab assignment with the Brevard County Manatees starting on Thursday, May 28. Lucroy is tentatively scheduled to play in four games in Brevard County from Thursday to Sunday. He is recovering from a fractured toe that sent him to the Disabled List on April 20.
Lucroy was drafted by the Brewers in the third round of the 2007 MLB First-Year Player Draft out of the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. He was the starting catcher for the National League All-Star Team last season and finished fourth in the MVP voting. Lucroy hit .301 with 13 home runs, 53 doubles and 69 RBI in 2014. He led the MLB in doubles.
Lucroy played in 62 games for the Manatees in the second half of the 2008 season. He hit .292 with 10 homers and 44 RBI. He started the 2009 season in Double-A Huntsville.
The Manatees host the Charlotte Stone Crabs on Thursday and Friday. Brevard County will start a three-game series with the Lakeland Flying Tigers starting on Saturday. Thursday's game kicks off Shriners Weekend. The Manatees will be wearing specialty Shriners themed jerseys from Thursday to Saturday. The jerseys will be available for purchase via auction at manatees.milbauctions.com starting on Thursday at 5:00 p.m.
Tickets for all four games that Lucroy is scheduled to play in can be purchased in the following ways:
- In person at the Space Coast Stadium box office. The box office is located below the main entrance of the stadium. The box office will open at 12:00 p.m. on all four days.
- By calling 321-633-9200. Phone orders will be taken from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and from noon to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- By going to ManateesBaseball.com. Please note that online tickets sales will end at 12:00 p.m. on all four days.
All seating at Space Coast Stadium for Manatees' games is assigned seating and ranges from $6 to $10.
For more information on the Brevard County Manatees, call (321) 633-9200 or go online to ManateesBaseball.com. Also, don't forget to like the Manatees on Facebook at facebook.com/manateesbaseball or follow the Manatees on Twitter at twitter.com/bcmanatees.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from May 27, 2015
- Daytona kicks off road trip with 8-4 win - Daytona Tortugas
- Clearwater Clipped by Miracle, 6-5 in 10 - Clearwater Threshers
- Goodrum Steers Miracle to 6-5 Extra Inning Win - Fort Myers Miracle
- Flying Tigers End Mets Winning Streak with 4-1 Win - St. Lucie Mets
- Offense Sputters as T-Yanks Fall, 4-1 - Tampa Yankees
- Marauders Nearly Come back on Daytona - Bradenton Marauders
- Jonathan Lucroy Scheduled to Rehab with Manatees - Brevard County Manatees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.