Jets Beat Canadiens for First Rookie Showcase Win
The Winnipeg Jets collected its first win of the Rookie Showcase after beating the Montreal Canadiens 2-1 at CAA Arena.
Montreal's goal came from Alexandre Alain while Cayden Primeau made __ saves. The Jets' Griffen Outhouse turned away 20 shots before being replaced by Adam Carlson who didn't face a shot in 11:47 of action. Ville Heinola and Johnathan Kovacevic scored for the Jets.
Winnipeg opened the scoring 9:32 in through their 2019 first round pick Heinola before Alain, who played last season with Laval, tied the game at 1-1 at 11:16.
The Jets grabbed their first lead of the night at 11:59 as Kovacevic, with teammate Luke Green in the box, wired a slap shot past Primeau off of Cole Maier's feed from behind the net to give Winnipeg a 2-1 advantage.
Carlson replaced Outhouse with 11:47 to play and despite Montreal trailing, they never registered a shot on the Edina, MN., native while Winnipeg fired eight shots at Primeau.
The Rookie Showcase concludes Monday night at 7pm when Ottawa and Winnipeg do battle once again. Tickets are available.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from September 8, 2019
- Jets Beat Canadiens for First Rookie Showcase Win - Belleville Senators
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Ottawa Announces Four Re-Signings and Addition of Shaw
- Ottawa Senators Busy at 2020 NHL Draft
- Senators Release Community Impact Report
- Belleville Senators Forward Josh Norris Voted Winner of Dudley (Red) Garrett Award as AHL's Outstanding Rookie
- BSens Announce 2019-20 Team Awards