Jeffers Goes Deep, Enlow Shines In Relief
TAMPA, Fla. - Ryan Jeffers hit an opposite field home run, and Blayne Enlow pitched six scoreless innings to lead the Fort Myers Miracle past the Tampa Tarpons, 1-0, on Monday night at George M. Steinbrenner Field.
Jeffers' sixth home run of the season came leading off the second.
Adalberto Mejia started for the Miracle on an MLB rehab assignment. The left-hander tossed a scoreless first inning before giving way to Enlow. Enlow (2-1) earned the win. He walked one and struck out three.
Hector Lujan collected his sixth save of the year with two shutout innings. The right-hander received some defensive help in the eighth when second baseman Michael Helman made an over-the-shoulder grab in shallow center field with runners on the corners to preserve the lead.
Trevor Larnach had his season-best eight game hitting streak snapped. He went 0-for-3 with a walk.
The teams had been scheduled to play a doubleheader on Monday before heavy rain limited the teams to a single game. The clubs will now play a doubleheader on Tuesday afternoon. Game one is set for 4:30 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 10, 2019
- Offensive Outburst Leads Clearwater over St. Lucie in Series-Opening Win - Clearwater Threshers
- Stone Crabs Score Seven to Stun Marauders 7-6 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Threshers Explode in 4th Inning, Defeat Mets 7-2 - St. Lucie Mets
- Late Rally Leads Daytona Past Lakeland, 4-3 - Daytona Tortugas
- Nothing to Show for 10 Hits as Tarpons Fall, 1-0 - Tampa Tarpons
- Jeffers Goes Deep, Enlow Shines In Relief - Fort Myers Miracle
- Fire Frogs and Blue Jays Banged on Belly Buster Monday - Florida Fire Frogs
- Stone Crabs Game Notes - Mon, June 10 - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Fire Frogs Home Stand Highlights: -6/13 - Florida Fire Frogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.