Jasenec's Two Goal Game Propels Bruins over Bulls
AUSTIN, MN - Michael Jasenec's muti-goal game helps propel the Austin Bruins over the North Iowa Bulls on Friday Night.
Coming into tonight, the Bruins have dropped their last 4 games and looked for new life on this Black Friday at home against the rival North Iowa Bulls. North Iowa would break the proverbial ice at 5:40 of the 1st period when Michael Mesic would sneak one past Bruins goalie Hudson Hodges to give the Bulls the early 1-0 lead. That lead wouldn't last, as Sutter Muzzatti would find the loose puck in front of the Net of Hunter Garvey to tie the game up at 1-1 while on the Chad Thomas Thrivent Finacial Power Play.
It wouldn't take long into the 2nd period of the score to change, as Simone Dadie would split the defense of the Bruins to give North Iowa back the lead at 2-1. Bruins would answer right back, however, as Gavin Morrissey would deliver on a one-time snipe from the high slot to tie the game back up at 2-2. Back and forward we would go, as Byron Hartley would find himself on the break-away to make it a 3-2 North Iowa lead at 4:18 into the 2nd period. That would be the last goal of the night scored by the Bulls as the Bruins would take control from there. Damon Furuseth would tie the game back at 3-3 as he would find a pass from Muzzatti to sneak one past Garvey from the far side circle. The eventual game-winner would come from Micahel Jasenec as he would blast a shot from the top of the circles to give the Bruins a 4-3 lead after 2 periods of play. Jasenec would add one more for good measures in the closing minutes of the 3rd to give Austin a 5-3 win over North Iowa.
Hudson Hodges would stop 20 of the 23 shots he would face helping backstop the Bruins to a win and pull within 1 point of the Bull for the lead in the Central Division. Both teams are back at it tomorrow for the second of the home-and-home series in Mason City. Puck Drop set for 7:30 PM CST with all the action being seen and heard live on Power 96 and HockeyTV.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from November 26, 2021
- Bruins Beat Bulls on Black Friday, End North Iowa Win Streak - North Iowa Bulls
- Offensive Explosion Lifts Jr. Hat Tricks over Maryland - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
- Jasenec's Two Goal Game Propels Bruins over Bulls - Austin Bruins
- Danbury Takes Down Maryland 7-4 - Maryland Black Bears
- Tomahawks Defeated in Overtime - Johnstown Tomahawks
- Weekend Preview: Jets vs. Magicians (G22 & 23) - Janesville Jets
- Bulls' Latest Border Battle Doubles as Black Friday Weekend Battle - North Iowa Bulls
- Weekend Preview - Minot Minotauros
- Weekend Preview: November 26 & 27 - Titans Host Nordiques for Two-Game Series - New Jersey Titans
- Hat Tricks Look for Third Win in Four Games - Danbury Jr. Hat Tricks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.