Jameel Sewell Signs with Mustangs
Milwaukee - The Milwaukee Mustangs are proud to announce that former University of Virginia starting quarterback Jameel Sewell has signed with the team for the upcoming 2011 season.
The 6-3, 225 pound Sewell made frequent starts at quarterback over a period of three seasons with the Cavaliers from 2006-2009. During his senior season in 2009, he passed for 1,848 yards and seven touchdowns, while rushing for seven more touchdowns.
As a Mustang, Sewell will compete for the starting quarterback position in training camp, along with Gary Rodgers of Washington State and Eric Ward of Richmond. "He's a great athlete," says Coach Bob Landsee. "He reads defenses quick and runs like the wind. It's a real test for the defense."
The Mustangs home opener is set for MONDAY, March 14th versus the CHICAGO RUSH. Kickoff is set for 6:30 PM at The Bradley Center. SINGLE-GAME TICKETS ARE ON SALE MONDAY, FEBRUARY 28TH! For more information, visit the www.MkeMustangs.com or call 414-224-4000 today!
• Discuss this story on the Arena Football League message board...
Arena Football League Stories from February 28, 2011
- Storm Offense Comes Out Flat - Tampa Bay Storm
- Larry Brackins Joins Soul at Camp - Philadelphia Soul
- Shock Continue to Make Roster Moves - Spokane Shock
- Command Enters Second Week of Training Camp - Kansas City Command
- Utah Vs. San Jose Scrimmage Wednesday March 2nd - Utah Blaze
- An Open Letter to Arena Football Fans from Commissioner Kurz - AFL
- Jameel Sewell Signs with Mustangs - Milwaukee Mustangs
- SaberCats Wrap up First Week of Training Camp, Look Ahead to Second Week - San Jose SaberCats
- Carlese Franklin Placed on Physically Unable to Perform List - New Orleans VooDoo
- Power Announces TV & Radio Partners - Pittsburgh Power
- Storm Add Wiren and Scaccia - Tampa Bay Storm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.