Jacks Forward Waxin-Engback Named South Division Player of the Week
FRISCO, TX - On Monday, Odessa Jackalopes leading goal scorer Razmuz Waxin-Engback was bestowed the honor of the North American Hockey League's South Division Player of the Week. Waxin-Engback electrified the Ector County Coliseum crowd this weekend, scoring three goals and four assists to help the Jackalopes take two out of three games against the Corpus Christi IceRays.
Waxin-Engback, 20, is currently in his second season with the Odessa Jackalopes after beginning his junior career with the Indiana Jr. Ice of the NAPHL. In 112 career games with the Jacks, Waxin-Engback has amassed 71 points (33 goals, 38 assists) In February, Waxin-Engback took part in the NAHL Top Prospects Tournament in Ann Arbor, MI.
"It was amazing to see the things Raz and his line mates were able to accomplish this weekend," said Jackalopes Head Coach Greg Gatto. "That line with Raz, Kenny (Hausinger), and Corey (Hoffman) is so dynamic. They make something happen every time they are on the ice."
The Sodertalje, Sweden native began his weekend Thursday night, scoring a goal and two assists helping the Jacks defeat the Corpus Christi IceRays 3-1. On Friday, the Jackalopes took their only loss of the weekend, dropping a 5-3 decision to the IceRays. Waxin-Engback chipped in with a goal on four shots on net. Waxin-Engback broke out Saturday night for another goal and two assist performance helping the Jacks to another victory over the IceRays, 4-1. By the end of the game Saturday night, Waxin-Engback had scored three goals and four assists on the weekend. He also took over the lead in goal-scoring on the team with 23 goals on the season, passing Niagara commit Derek Brown.
Razmuz Waxin-Engback becomes the first Jackalope to win Player of the Week honors during the 2014-15 season. In September, Kenny Hausinger was selected as the NAHL Forward of the Month after he put up 13 points in the first seven games of the season.
The Jackalopes will finish off the 2014-15 campaign this Friday and Saturday at the State Farm Arena in Hidalgo, TX. Join the voice of the Jacks, Joey Battaino for the call of all the action beginning at 7:15 CST on the flagship station for Jackalopes Hockey, Classic Rock 102.1 FM KFZX and live on PPV FASTHockey.com
In 2014-15, the Odessa Jackalopes will embark upon their fourth season in the North American Hockey League and 18th in the Permian Basin. Season tickets are on sale now! To reserve your seats, contact the Jackalopes' ticket office today at 432-552-7825 or log on to www.jackalopes.org for more information.
Images from this story
Odessa Jackalopes Forward Razmuz Waxin-Engback
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 23, 2015
- Bobcat Playoff Berth Extends Franchise Record - Bismarck Bobcats
- Wilderness Win to Open Military Appreciation Weekend - Minnesota Wilderness
- Miller Named Easton Hockey Midwest Division Star of the Week - Minnesota Wilderness
- Bobcats Beat Wilderness, But Wilderness Still Atop Midwest Division - Minnesota Wilderness
- Jacks Forward Waxin-Engback Named South Division Player of the Week - Odessa Jackalopes
- NAHL Announces Easton Hockey Stars of the Week - NAHL
- Bulls Weekly - Amarillo Bulls
- Amarillo Bulls Alumni Ryan Cole Finalist for NCAA Division III Player of the Year - Amarillo Bulls
- Eagles Edge Tomahawks 2-1 on Sunday - Soo Eagles
- IceRays Weekly - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Save the Dates - Minot Minotauros
- Wild and Brahmas End Weekend with 4-1 Final - Wenatchee Wild
- Big 3rd Period Earns Lone Star Brahmas Split in 4-1 Win - Lone Star Brahmas
- Wings in 2014-2015 NAHL Playoffs - Aberdeen Wings
- Wings Have Presence in NCAA Tournament - Aberdeen Wings
- Wings Fall 3-2 to Minot - Aberdeen Wings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.