Jacks Fall 3-1 in Shreveport
SHREVEPORT, LA - It was a tough night for the Jackalopes as they fell to the Shreveport Mudbugs 3-1 at George's Pond at Hirsch Coliseum on Friday night.
The Mudbugs skated to a 2-0 lead after the second period. Their first goal coming in the mid-stages of the first period after goaltender Alex Camarre was seemingly interfered with but got back to his feet to face the shot from the point.
The call on the ice was upheld after fierce protests from the Odessa bench and the Jacks trailed 1-0.
The Bugs extended their lead in the second off a deflection in front midway though the second period to take a 2-0 lead.
In the third it was a similar story as Shreveport took a 3-0 lead off of a two-on-one play.
The Jackalopes did get one goal back on the power play after Brendan Coughlin collected his own rebound on the short side and managed to tuck his second shot home to put Odessa on the board 3-1.
That was were the score held as the final buzzer sounded.
The Jackalopes will face the Mudbugs again on Saturday night in their last road contest of the season at 7:11 pm.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2019
- Jacks Fall to Shreveport 4-3 in the Shootout - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mudbugs One up Jacks in Shootout - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bulls Beat IceRays 8-3 Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Black Bears Lose Big to Titans - Maryland Black Bears
- Briere Nets Hat Trick, Solensky Four Assists in 9-2 Win - Johnstown Tomahawks
- the New Jersey Titans Keep Girls in the Game - at the Highest Level - New Jersey Titans
- Wings Shutout Bruins 5-0 - Aberdeen Wings
- Jacks Fall 3-1 in Shreveport - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bulls Blast Rays 8-2 as Jenuwine Sets NAHL Record - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.