Black Bears Lose Big to Titans
The Maryland Black Bears lost to the New Jersey Titans 7-3 on Saturday night. In the last game of the season against the Titans, the Black Bears could not keep up with the offensive furry they faced on the road. The loss represents a weekend series sweep for the Titans.
The first period was dominated by the Titans. They scored two goals and outshot the Black Bears 15 to 10. The Titans put up a strong defense against the Black Bears by not allowing a single goal.
In the second period, Forward Jonathan Young got the Black Bears on the board with an assist from Sean Henry. The Titans responded by scoring three straight goals. The onslaught improved their lead to 5-1 by the end of the period.
The unanswered streak continued into the third period for the Titans as they added two more goals. Jonathan Young once again ended the scoreless streak for the Bears with an assist from Jude Kurtas and Kyle Oleksiuk. The Bears played to the final whistle. Luke Posner scored the final goal of the game with assists from Nick Grimaldi and Connor Pooley.
The Black Bears end the 2018-19 season on the road next weekend against the WBS Knights.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from March 30, 2019
- Jacks Fall to Shreveport 4-3 in the Shootout - Odessa Jackalopes
- Mudbugs One up Jacks in Shootout - Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bulls Beat IceRays 8-3 Saturday - Corpus Christi IceRays
- Black Bears Lose Big to Titans - Maryland Black Bears
- Briere Nets Hat Trick, Solensky Four Assists in 9-2 Win - Johnstown Tomahawks
- the New Jersey Titans Keep Girls in the Game - at the Highest Level - New Jersey Titans
- Wings Shutout Bruins 5-0 - Aberdeen Wings
- Jacks Fall 3-1 in Shreveport - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bulls Blast Rays 8-2 as Jenuwine Sets NAHL Record - Amarillo Bulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Maryland Black Bears Stories
- Jamestown Edges out Maryland for Series Sweep
- Late Goal Powers Rebels Past Black Bears
- Black Bears Trade Defenseman Anthony Mollica to Lincoln Stars (USHL) for Mikhail Gonchar
- Severn Bank Named Sponsor of the Black Bears' Ticket Center
- Black Bears and Fort Meade United Service Organizations (USO) Partner for the Second Annual Military Appreciation Night