Jacks Even Series with 5-2 Win
RICHLAND HILLS, TX - Phil Plante scored two goals and Joel Martin stopped 37 saves as the Odessa Jackalopes topped the Texas Brahmas, 5-2, on Saturday night at the NYTEX Sports Centre. With the win, the Jackalopes even their Opening Round series with Texas at 1-1 as the series shifts to Odessa.
Kenny Corupe led all skaters with a goal and three assists for the Jackalopes for four points. Three other Odessa players tallied multi-point games as well.
Corupe's goal opened up the scoring 4:06 in a wild first period that saw both teams combine for 12 penalties - 10 of those called during stoppages in play. Plante also scored his first goal of the contest in the opening frame. Dylan Stanley and Greg Hogeboom on the power play scored for Texas for a 2-2 score.
In the second period Odessa opened up their lead with two goals in less than a minute as Mark Ehl deflected a point shot at 5:53 and Ramsay batted in a centering pass at 6:42.
Plante's third period tally just over a minute in was the final goal of the game.
Wayne Savage took the loss in net for Texas with 26 saves.
The series now moves to West Texas for games three and four. Both games are set for a 7:05 PM CST start. Tuesday is when game three will be played. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 2, 2011
- Jacks Even Series with 5-2 Win - Odessa Jackalopes
- Rush Take 2-0 Series Lead With 3-1 Triumph over Gems - Rapid City Rush
- Gems drop 3-1 game to Rush - Dayton Gems
- Mavs Fall To The Thunder In OT, 5-4 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Sundogs Pull Even in Series with 2-1 Overtime Win - Arizona Sundogs
- PrairieThunder Drop Game #1 of the Playoffs 5-2 on Saturday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Clutch Goals Lift Thunder to Increidble Win - Wichita Thunder
- Texas Slumps In Game Two, Series Tied In Opening Round - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mudbugs Host Sundogs in Game 2 Tonight - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mallards Come Back for Game 1 Win - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.