ODESSA, TX - A pivotal win on Saturday night has set up an exciting week for the Odessa Jackalopes as their Opening Round series of the Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Playoffs against Texas moves to the Permian Basin at 1-1.
Last week's record: 1-1
Season overall: 31-28-7
Playoff record: 1-1
Game 1 - Thursday at Texas, 5-4 Loss
Jason Deitch scored two goals and two assists for the Brahmas as they held on for a 5-4 win over the Jacks. Mark Ehl scored a breakaway goal midway through the third period to close the gap to one, and the Jacks had chances with two power plays in the game's final six minutes.
Game 2 - Saturday at Texas, 5-2 Win
Kenny Corupe tallied a goal and three assists for Odessa, while Joel Martin stopped 37 shots in the 5-2 win. The Jacks evened up the series in the victory. Phil Plante added two goals for the Jackalopes as well.
-- UPCOMING GAMES --
Game 3 - Tuesday vs. Texas, 7:05 PM CST
Game 4 - Thursday vs. Texas, 7:05 PM CST
Game 5 - Saturday at Texas, 7:30 PM CST (if necessary)
The Opening Round, best-of-five series between the Jacks and Brahmas moves to the Permian Basin for games three and four. Should game five be needed to determine a winner, it will be played back in North Richland Hills, TX. In each of their previous two playoff meetings the winner of game three ended up winning the series. In 2009, Texas won game three by a 3-0 score. Last year Odessa won game three by a 6-3 final.
Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Playoffs:
#1 Rapid City vs. #8 Dayton (RPD 2-0)
#2 Colorado vs. #7 Quad City (Tied 1-1)
#3 Bloomington vs. #6 Ft. Wayne (FTW 2-0)
#4 Missouri vs. #5 Wichtia (WIC 2-1)
#1 Allen vs. #8 Rio Grande Valley (ALN wins 3-0)
#2 Bossier-Shreveport vs. #7 Arizona (Tied 1-1)
#3 Tulsa vs. #6 Mississippi (MIS 2-1)
#4 Texas vs. #5 Odessa (Tied 1-1)
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is currently in the middle of its 14th season. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-7825 or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 4, 2011
- Shots from the Point for April 4, 2011 - CHL
- Mallards Weekly Update - Quad City Mallards
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Rush Weekly - Rapid City Rush
- Brahmas Head West in Opening Round for Games 3 and 4 - Fort Worth Brahmas
- This Week's PrairieThunder Schedule - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Thunder Weekly - Wichita Thunder
- Sundogs Notes - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Playoff Broadcast Schedule Announced - Mississippi RiverKings
- Colorado Eagles Weekly Update - Colorado Eagles
- Jackalopes Weekly - Odessa Jackalopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.