Jackalopes Weekly Update
(Odessa, TX) - The Odessa Jackalopes lost the first two games of their Southern Conference Semifinal series against the Texas Brahmas with the series shifting the North Richland Hill, TX for games three and four in the best-of-seven round.
Series overall: Texas leads 2-0
Game 1 - Friday vs. Texas, 5-2 Loss
The Texas Brahmas scored five goals in the first seven minutes of the third period to take a game one win from the Jackalopes. Five different Texas players scored. Alex Dunn and Mike Lesperance each scored for Odessa in the game.
Game 2 - Saturday vs. Texas, 3-2 (OT) Loss
The Brahmas' Brett Jaeger stopped 46 of 48 shots and a loose puck was batted in through a crowd past Joel Martin as Texas took game two in overtime, 3-2. Odessa outshot the Brahmas 48-30 in the game and received goals from Kory Karlander and Sebastien Thinel.
-- Upcoming Games --
Game 3 - Wednesday at Texas, 7:05 PM
Game 4 - Friday at Texas, 7:05 PM
Game 5 - Saturday at Odessa, 7:05 PM (if necessary)
The series now shifts to the NYTEX Sports Centre where the Brahmas are 15-2 in playoff games over the last three seasons. One of those losses is to the Jackalopes back in 2009. Odessa must win four of the next five games in order to advance to the next round.
All playoff games can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team is in the middle of their 13th season in the Permian Basin. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 29, 2010
- Shots from the Point - CHL
- Mudbugs vs. Eagles Game 3 Tomorrow at the CTC - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Mudbugs Weekly - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bucks, Laredo Energy and Border Lease To Donate $10,000 Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Allen Americans Weekly Notes - Allen Americans
- Held Wins CHL Monthly Three Stars Award - Mississippi RiverKings
- Oilers Tie To Frozen Four - Tulsa Oilers
- Missouri's Jeff Christian Wins Oakley Three Star Player of the Year Award - CHL
- Colorado Eagles Week In Review - Colorado Eagles
- Bucks Host Allen In Pivotal Game Three Tuesday - Laredo Bucks
- Jackalopes Weekly Update - Odessa Jackalopes
- Rush Win Defensive Battle 2-1; Take 2-0 Series Lead - Rapid City Rush
- Mavericks Lose Tight One In Game 2, 2-1 To Rush - Kansas City Mavericks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.