Jackalopes General Manager Receives Contract Extension
ODESSA, TX - The Central Hockey League's Odessa Jackalopes announced Wednesday that the club has extended the contract of General Manager Joe Clark through the 2012-13 season.
Clark's contract extension mirrors that of Head Coach Paul Gillis, who had his contract extended last summer through the 2013 season.
Clark, who was the Jackalopes' first-ever head coach in 1997 when the Permian Basin was introduced to professional hockey, returned to Odessa two years ago as the team's GM. In his first full season, the Jacks were honored as the CHL's Most Improved Franchise and Best in Community Relations, and received the Community Relations award again at this year's league meetings.
"We have good people on board here, and we'd like to keep them," said Jackalopes co-owner Tracey Nyborg. "Joe has had a positive impact on this franchise, and his leadership is something we can't take for granted."
Clark, 49, spent 15 years as a head coach between North America and European pro hockey, coached in the New York Islanders system and scouted for the NHL team. He also currently sits on the CHL's Board of Governors.
"I am appreciative of the opportunity, and feel privileged to work for this group of owners," said Clark. "Nothing is easy in this industry, and I'm still learning as I go. But we've got a good thing going here, and are striving to make this a viable business in this community."
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from August 18, 2010
- 'Dogs Veteran D-Man Chris Bartolone Announces His Retirement - Arizona Sundogs
- Eagles Add Two More Rookies - Colorado Eagles
- Goaltender Robinson Joins Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Rush Continue to Build Roster; Ink Newcomers Ryan Menei and Andrew Smale - Rapid City Rush
- Jackalopes General Manager Receives Contract Extension - Odessa Jackalopes
- Catch up with Bucks Majority Owner Glenn Hart - Laredo Bucks
- NHL Alums in Oiler American Airlines Game - Tulsa Oilers
- Sundogs Press Conference Today at 2pm at Tim's Toyota Center - Arizona Sundogs
- Komets Add Legault to Preseason Roster - Fort Wayne Komets
- Calling on Koehler, J.J. Signs with RiverKings - Mississippi RiverKings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.