Islanders Seek Home Field Advantage
Well the Islanders are off to a terrific start. Were currently tied for first in our division with San Diego and Wichita. We face off with San Diego at home this Saturday (kick off is set for 7:30pm). A win on Saturday and a loss by Wichita who plays Tulsa this weekend, and well stand all alone in first place in the division. Cal Lee has definitely brought his championship style and presence to the Islanders.
One of the goals that we set for ourselves off the field, but in the arena, was to sell out at least half of our home games at the Blaisdell Arena. Were asking for your continued support of the Islanders by helping us with the following actions steps that will support us in achieving a true home field advantage and reaching our goal of at least 4 sell out crowds:
1) If you have tickets already, then thanks for your support, and remember to 'bring the noise' on Saturday. Arena Football is special, it's highly interactive and the fans are definitely 'in the game' so don't be afraid to bring your friends and a little Islanders' "attitude" with you to the arena...'bring the noise'.
2) If you have tickets and are unable to attend, then please make sure to distribute your tickets to people who are excited to attend the game and most likely to bring the noise and show up on Saturday.
3) Please encourage other people to attend the game even if they need to purchase a ticket of their own. Weve purposely price our tickets at affordable levels in order to encourage families to attend. A family of four (two adults and two children under the age of 17yrs.) can attend our games for just $34! Throw in parking, some hot dogs and soda and the family has a great night out for under $50. And remember these games are only slightly more than 2 hours long, so the kids are home around 10pm.
How can you help spread the word? There are a number of easy ways that you can help pack the house.
1) Maybe a quick email to your friends asking them what they are doing on Saturday and inviting them to meet you at the game.
2) Maybe a phone call to do the same
3) Just passing a friend on the street or attending a meeting let them know where you will be and where they should be on Saturday night.
4) Possibly support a group outing by purchasing some discounted group tickets for customers, or a youth group. Group prices range from $8-$10 per ticket general admission in the upper bowl.
Thanks again for your belief in us and support of professional football in Hawaii. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions on how we can continue to bring the noise at the Blaisdell. And thank you again for taking the time to read this brief note.
Remember that Cal Lee and the players need a home field advantage as the march toward a division title and into the playoffs. Help us pack the house on Saturday night!
• Discuss this story on the arenafootball2 message board...
arenafootball2 Stories from April 24, 2003
- af2 Friday Game Previews - af2
- Islanders Seek Home Field Advantage - Hawaiian Islanders
- Mohegan Looks To Keep Winning Streak Alive Against The Prowlers - Mohegan Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.