Iowa's D.J. Stephens Named NBA Development League Performer of the Week
March 28, 2016 - NBA G League (G League) News Release
NEW YORK - D.J. Stephens of the Iowa Energy was today named NBA Development League Performer of the Week for games played Monday, March 21through Sunday, March 27. It's the first Performer of the Week honor of his career.
Stephens (6-5, 188, Memphis) led Iowa to a 3-0 week, averaging 24.7 points (sixth in the league) on 61.4 percent shooting to go with 8.0 rebounds, 2.0 blocks (tied for fifth), 1.3 assists and 1.3 steals. He connected on 11-of-18 three-point attempts (61.1 percent - eighth in the league).
On March 24, he recorded 26 points on 11-for-15 shooting, including 4-of-6 from behind the arc, to go with nine rebounds, two steals and one block in a 108-105 victory over the Fort Wayne Mad Ants. On March 26, he scored a season-high 29 points on 10-of-13 shooting to go with seven rebounds, three blocks, two assists and one steal in a 122-104 win over Fort Wayne.
The 3-0 week extends Iowa's winning streak to six and leaves it 2.5 games behind the Westchester Knicks for the final playoff spot in the Eastern Conference. Stephens made his NBA debut for the Milwaukee Bucks in March 2014. After playing overseas last season he joined the Canton Charge before the season and was traded to the Energy earlier this month. For the season, he is averaging 8.2 points, 4.9 rebounds and 1.3 blocks.
Other top performers considered were Austin's Keifer Sykes, Bakersfield's Terrico White, Idaho's J.J. O'Brien, Reno's Erick Green, Rio Grande Valley's Will Cummings, Sioux Falls' Jarnell Stokes and Texas' Andre Dawkins.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 28, 2016
- Westchester Knicks Score Season-High 131 Points, Pull Within One Game of First-Ever Playoff Berth - Westchester Knicks
- Charge Fall in Westchester - Canton Charge
- E.J. Singler Drains 7 3-Points as Raptors Roll Past Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Drive
- Bruno Caboclo records NBA D-League career-high 31 points in victory - Raptors 905
- Drive Update Roster - Grand Rapids Drive
- D.J. Stephens Named NBA D-League Performer of the Week - Iowa Wolves
- Iowa's D.J. Stephens Named NBA Development League Performer of the Week - G League
- Detroit Pistons Sign Guard Lorenzo Brown to a Second 10-Day Contract - Grand Rapids Drive
- Skyforce Acquire Larry Drew II - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Westchester Knicks Announce Theme Nights for Upcoming Games - Westchester Knicks
- Warriors Fall to Austin - Santa Cruz Warriors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.