IDHL Insider: the IDHL Is Born
Syracuse, NY - The International Developmental Hockey League (IDHL) is pleased to announce the formation of a new league that will give new opportunities to players 20-23 starting in the 2017-18 season.
The IDHL is a senior hockey league which will begin its' inaugural season in October 2017 with teams in the Northeastern U.S. as well as in Canada. The league will play a 40 game season including two showcase events with as many as six teams.
Player placement will be the focus of the IDHL with the goal to move players to collegiate programs and professional hockey clubs.
Andrew "Sarge" Richards has taken on the role as Commissioner of the league. Sarge, who is no stranger to the junior hockey world has also brought on his son Mark Richards to handle the Director of Hockey Operations Role.
Mark has an immense minor professional hockey career spanning from 1992 to 2007 spending time between the AHL and many "AA" minor professional leagues.
The IDHL can be found online at theidhl.com or on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram at @theidhl. For more information contact us at email@example.com.
International Developmental Hockey League | theIDHL.com | @THEIDHL
• Discuss this story on the Federal Prospects Hockey League message board...
Federal Prospects Hockey League Stories from February 6, 2017
- IDHL Insider: the IDHL Is Born - Carolina Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Carolina Thunderbirds Stories
- Audition to Sing the National Anthem
- Thunderbirds head coach Andre Niec to join Florida Panthers as European scout
- Thunderbirds First Shutout of the Season; Sweep the Prowlers
- Thunderbirds Down Prowlers Again
- Thunderbirds Unleash Offense, take down Port Huron