IceGators Suspend Operations for 2016-17 Season
The Louisiana IceGators' General Manager Louis Dumont has announced that the team will suspend operations for the 2016-2017 season.
"Arena renovations will begin at the end of this month at the Cajundome and will run through the end of November," stated GM Louis Dumont. "Available dates during the month of December are also limited. With the Southern Professional Hockey League's 2016-2017 season beginning in October a feasible schedule is simply not available at this time."
Dumont also added, "Countless hours have been spent between myself, the owners, IceGators staff and Cajundome management looking at different scenarios on how we can make this season happen. At this time suspending operations for this season is the best route to take."
"On behalf of the organization we would like to thank our Season Ticket Holders, Corporate Partners, fans and the community for all of your support."
• Discuss this story on the Southern Professional Hockey League message board...
Southern Professional Hockey League Stories from May 16, 2016
- RiverKings Name 13 to Protected List - Mississippi RiverKings
- Rail Yard Dawgs Complete Expansion Draft - Roanoke Rail Yard Dawgs
- Ice Flyers Announce 2016 Protected List - Pensacola Ice Flyers
- SPHL Announces Expansion Draft Selections, Protected Lists - SPHL
- ThunderBolts Select Luke Sandler with First Round Pick - Evansville Thunderbolts
- RiverKings Recruit Hockey Players at Center Hill Elementary - Mississippi RiverKings
- IceGators Suspend Operations for 2016-17 Season - Louisiana IceGators
- Louisiana IceGators Suspend Operations for 2016-17 Season - SPHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.