Hymovitz hat trick leads Trashers to 6-4 win over Quad City
MOLINE, IL-David Hymovitz netted a hat trick, while Shawn Collymore scored a pair of goals, including the game-winner as the Trashers came from behind on Wedneday night to take game three of the Colonial Cup 1st round series against Quad City 6-4 and cut the Mallards series lead to 2-1.
For the 3rd straight game Danbury took an opening lead as Collymore's second of the playoff at the 14:04 mark helped the Trashers carry a 1-0 lead after one period.
Just as they did in the prior two games, Quad City tied the score as Matt Radoslovich's 3rd of the playoffs beat Sly Daigle at the 4:27 mark. 2:13 later the Mallards took the lead on Chad Woolard's 4th of the series, while Radoslovich scored again at the 10:39 mark to give Quad City a 3-1 lead after two periods.
Glenn Detulleo opened the 3rd period scoring with his 1st at the 2:23 mark, which prompted Paul Gillis to pull Daigle for backup netminder Jayme Platt, which was enough to lift the Trashers from their series-long slumber.
The Trashers scored five unanswered goals in the period, including a hat trick from Hymovitz, who scored the game tying goal at the 16:19 mark on a shorthanded goal with Drew Omicioli in the penalty box. Collymore netted the game winner on a pass from Beauregard at the 18:25 mark, while Hymovitz scored an empty net goal for the hat trick at the 19:53 mark.
Platt stopped only two shots but earned the win for Danbury, while Jason Tapp saved 44 of 49 in a losing cause.
The series stays in Moline, Illinois for games 4-5, which will take place on Friday and Saturday night at 8pm at the MARK of the Quad Cities.
Possible games six and seven would take place at the Danbury Ice Arena on May 1st and 2nd at 7:00pm. Tickets for playoff games are available at DanburyTrashers.com or by calling 866-565-PUCK. 2006-07 Danbury Trashers Season Packages are also available. Call the ticket office at 866-565-PUCK or visit DanburyTrashers.com for details. All games are available on 940 AM ESPN Radio and DanburyTrashers.com with the "Voice of the Trashers" Phil Giubileo on the play-by-play, and can be purchased for $6.00 for live streaming video courtesy of B2 Networks.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 27, 2006
- Trashers announce playoff specials - Danbury Trashers
- Adirondack's Hugo Belanger earns UHL's Most Sportsmanlike Player honors - IHL 2
- Another Honor for Belanger - Adirondack Frostbite
- Hymovitz hat trick leads Trashers to 6-4 win over Quad City - Danbury Trashers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Danbury Trashers Stories
- Final week to get Trashers merchandise, team shop to close
- Trashers add four players in dispersal draft
- K-Zoo defeats Trashers 2-1 to take 3-1 Colonial Cup finals lead
- Karlander's two-goal night lifts Kalamazoo to 2-1 series lead
- Trashers split first two games of Colonial Cup Finals