Hunt Signs with Wild
Today, Minnesota Wild General Manager Bill Guerin announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has signed defensemen Daemon Hunt to a three-year, entry-level contract starting with the 2021-22 season.
Hunt, 18, tallied 18 points (8-10=18) including four power-play goals in 23 games with Moose Jaw in the Western Hockey League (WHL) this season. The 6-foot, 198-pound native of Brandon, Manitoba, ranked second among WHL defensemen in goals, T-2nd in PPG, third in shots on goal (77) and T-6th in scoring. He was named team captain on February 18 and tallied a season-high three points twice.
Drafted by the Warriors 15th overall in the 1st round of the 2017 WHL Bantam Draft, Hunt has played in 117 WHL games and has 16 goals, 39 assists, and 55 points.
Hunt has also skated in three games with the Iowa Wild in the American Hockey League (AHL) this season.Â He was selected by Minnesota in the third round (65th overall) of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from May 6, 2021
- Swift Current Broncos Announce 2020-21 Team Award Winners - Swift Current Broncos
- Hunt Signs with Wild - Moose Jaw Warriors
- WHL Announces Procedure for Determination of 2020-21 Standings - WHL
- Captain Logan Nijhoff Rewarded for Volunteer Efforts in Queen City - Regina Pats
- Tigers Close out Season vs Oil Kings - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Ziemmer bags a pair, Gauthier shuts out Vancouver - Prince George Cougars
- Goncalves, 'Tips Rally for Shootout Win over Seattle - Everett Silvertips
- First Period Dooms Americans in 7-2 Loss to Winterhawks - Tri-City Americans
- Winterhawks Five-Goal First Carves Path to Wednesday Win - Portland Winterhawks
- Giants Fall 3-0 Wednesday against Prince George - Vancouver Giants
- Silvertips Foil T-Birds in Shootout - Seattle Thunderbirds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.