Houston Takers Throw Hat In Ring For All-star Game
Houston, TX. At the ABA League Meeting in Indianapolis, Houston Takers owner Larry Leonard II and a group of local investors "put their hat in the ring" for hosting the ABA All Star Game in January. "We are aware of the various components to host the game having seen the extraordinary job they did last season in Halifax at the meeting," stated Leonard. "Houston is a terrific city and has been host to many major events the past few years such as the Super Bowl, MLB All-Star Game, NBA All-Star Game, Conference USA Championship Game and the MLS Championship Game. We are more than capable to host this great event; we just need this great city to come together again and make it a super weekend. We are pleased that the league is giving us this consideration."
The ABA All Star Weekend is planned for Saturday, January 26 with a concert followed by the 3-Point Shooting Contest and Slam Dunk Competition and ending on Sunday, January 27 with the greatest show on the court in the ABA All Star Game. "I believe that we turned a corner in our meeting this past week and I am really excited about this opportunity in our great city of Houston," added Leonard.
The league also announced that the 18 Houston Takers home games would be part of the broadcasts of the games being done by PlayON! Sports, a division of Turner Broadcasting this season. The league plans to webcast nearly 300 games. Full details are available on the ABA website, www.abalive.com.
For more information about the Houston Takers, call 877 407 1199, ext 3 or email email@example.com or visit www.houstontakers.com or www.abalive.com.
Note: OurSports Central no longer actively covers the American Basketball Association (ABA) as a professional league due in part to its inability to publish and play a schedule and the transitory nature of many of its teams. For information on professional minor leagues, please see OSC's basketball section.
• Discuss this story on the American Basketball Association message board...
American Basketball Association Stories from August 28, 2007
- Orange County Gladiators Announce Upcoming Player Tryout Camp - Orange County Gladiators
- Express adds Joe Britto to roster - Jersey Express
- Ask the CEO - ABA
- Presidential Candidate Daniel Imperato To Host United Nations Reception - Palm Beach Imperials
- Markus Austin To Return To Vermont For 2007-08 - Vermont Frost Heaves
- Starz In Motion Finalist Joins Bad Boy Records - ABA
- Houston Takers Throw Hat In Ring For All-star Game - Houston Takers
- Manchester Millrats Unveils Website - Saint John Riptide
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.