Houston Dynamo Football Club Announce Multi-Phase Renovations of BBVA Stadium
HOUSTON - Houston Dynamo Football Club announced a multi-phase renovation of BBVA Stadium that will feature a safe-standing section for Club supporters.
"As we recently saw with the announcement of new ownership and our return to full capacity, we have unquestionable momentum as an organization. Today's announcement further adds to the momentum around the Club and we are ecstatic to see the continued evolution of BBVA Stadium later this fall," President of Houston Dynamo Football Club, John Walker said. "BBVA Stadium is a premier venue and these new spaces will capture the identity of the city, its diversity, its energy and a unique ability to bring everyone together."
The safe standing section will allow 1,200 supporters to consume the north end of the venue for all Dynamo and Dash matches. The project was developed in collaboration with the Hustle Town Supporters Group, which includes El Batallon, the Texian Army, the Surge, Bandera Negra and Bayou City Republic.
"The Club is excited to create this enhanced environment for Hustle Town Supporters, which will amplify their energy and have an even greater impact on the team and all fans at BBVA Stadium," Chief Revenue Officer, Dionna Widder said. "The transformation of both ends will create a unique and diversified experience for fans to add to the electric environment at BBVA Stadium."
The safe-standing section will serve as a centerpiece of BBVA Stadium and continue a growing trend among soccer-specific venues in the United States to offer supporters a designated space to stand for the full 90 minutes. Four MLS venues added a safe standing space to their venue in 2021 and construction at BBVA Stadium will begin shortly after the conclusion of the 2021 MLS and NWSL seasons.
The renovations include two premium spaces in the south end of the venue that will offer an elevated fan experience on match day beginning in 2022. The Sports Deck, located in the upper south endline and the Pitch Zone, located in the south endline, will offer members an all-inclusive food and beverage experience, parking benefits and event tickets to all regular season Dynamo and Dash matches.
Fans can preview the Pitch Zone and Sports Deck beginning on August 2 by scheduling an appointment here. Current season ticket members will have an exclusive window to preview the new premium spaces beginning on July 21.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 15, 2021
- Brian Rodriguez Returns to LAFC Following Loan to UD Almeria - Los Angeles FC
- LIGA MX and TUDN Announce Sellout for Campeón De Campeones Match on July 18 at Dignity Health Sports Park - LA Galaxy
- Crew Comeback Was Really One for the Record Books: Week 13 News and Notes - MLS
- Payton Smith to Sing National Anthem Before Saturday's Match against Chicago Fire FC - Nashville SC
- Inter Miami CF Announces Fútbol Salutes - Military Appreciation Night Initiatives Presented by Wendy's - Inter Miami CF
- New England Revolution Game Notes: July 15, 2021 - New England Revolution
- Craig Waibel to be Inducted into University of Washington Husky Hall of Fame - Seattle Sounders FC
- Major League Soccer Announces Schedule Change for Columbus Crew's Road Match against Philadelphia Union in October - Columbus Crew SC
- Chicago Fire FC Launch Podcast, "The Intercontinental Football Show," Featuring Arlo White and Tyler Terens - Chicago Fire FC
- Houston Dynamo Football Club Announce Multi-Phase Renovations of BBVA Stadium - Houston Dynamo FC
- Philadelphia Union Announce Two Date Changes to October Matches - Philadelphia Union
- Wendy's Joins the Inter Miami CF FamilyÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- LA Galaxy Sign Mexican International Midfielder Efrain Alvarez to Multi-Year Contract Extension - LA Galaxy
- Tickets for Sounders FC's 2021 Leagues Cup Quarterfinals Match vs. Tigres UANL Now on Sale - Seattle Sounders FC
- Inter Miami CF to Visit the New York Red Bulls on SaturdayÃÂ - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Homegrown Tanner Tessmann Joins Venezia FC - FC Dallas
- Philadelphia Union Sign Goalkeeper Andre Blake to Contract Extension - Philadelphia Union
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Houston Dynamo FC Stories
- Dynamo Fall to Minnesota United 2-0
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Travel North to Face Minnesota United FC
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo FC Host FC Dallas in Final Leg of Texas Derby
- Houston Dynamo FC Goalkeeper Michael Nelson Named to MLSSoccer.com Team of the Week
- Houston Dynamo FC Match against FC Dallas on September 18 Moved to 8:30 p.m. CDT