Hounds Sign Three Trialists to 2019 Roster
PITTSBURGH - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC has signed midfielder Ethan Kutler, defender Dani Rovira and defender Uchenna Uzo to one-year contracts with club options for the 2020 season, pending USL Championship and USSF approval.
All three players have previously trialed with the club. Rovira and Uzo have been on trial since mid-February whereas Kutler arrived in camp this past week.
"As the quality of our group has improved during our preseason, Ethan, Dani and Uchenna have demonstrated consistency and the ability to help us moving forward," head coach Bob Lilley said.
Midfielder Ethan Kutler
Having prior MLS experience, Kutler arrives in Pittsburgh after spending 2017-18 with New York Red Bulls and New York Red Bulls II. Last year, he played four games and logged two assists with the MLS club and appeared in 26 games, posting two goals and one assist, with the USL Championship side.
"Ethan is a versatile player who can score goals and provide quality service for our forwards," Lilley said.
Kutler made his professional debut against the Hounds on March 25, 2017, in a 3-3 draw. Including playoffs, he went on to appear in 18 games for Red Bulls II that season en route to one goal and one assist.
New York drafted Kutler with the No. 39 overall pick of the 2017 MLS SuperDraft.
Prior to playing professionally, the Lansing, New York native played collegiately at Colgate University. He posted 73 games played (70 starts), 33 goals and 15 assists while with the Raiders. When he ended his Colgate career, his 81 points ranked second in program history.
Defender Dani Rovira
Playing his collegiate junior and senior campaigns at the University of Vermont from 2017-18, Rovira totaled 33 games played (23 starts) and two assists while at the school.
"Dani is a young, dynamic player with tons of energy who has grown quickly during preseason," Lilley said.
The Bogota, Colombia native began his college career at Dean College, where he was named to the United States Collegiate Athletic Association All-America Second Team as a sophomore after finishing third on the squad with seven assists.
Defender Uchenna Uzo
Uzo has prior USL Championship experience, playing for Phoenix Rising FC from 2016-17. During his two seasons with Phoenix, he posted 24 games played.
"Uchenna is a physical presence with experience in this league who will add to our quality and depth at the center back position," Lilley said.
The Houston, Texas native played three seasons collegiately, all of which at Coastal Carolina University. During his senior campaign, he started 22 of 23 games played en route to First Team All-Big South honors. As a junior, he started all 23 of his games played and was named Second Team All-Big South. He also was a mainstay on the Chanticleers backline as a sophomore, appearing in 25 matches and starting his final 23 games played.
Uzo, born in Lagos, Nigeria, was a member of the U-17 Nigeria National Team.
With these three additions, Riverhounds SC currently has 20 players under contract heading into the 2019 campaign.
Roster breakdown for 2019 season
Forwards (3): Neco Brett, Steevan Dos Santos, Christian Volesky
Midfielders (8): Mouhamed Dabo, Kenardo Forbes, Noah Franke, Sammy Kahsai, Kevin Kerr, Ethan Kutler, Thomas Vancaeyezeele, Anthony Velarde
Defenders (7): Tobi Adewole, Jordan Dover, Joe Greenspan, Ryan James, Dani Rovira, Caleb Smith, Uchenna Uzo
Goalkeepers (2): Ben Lundgaard, Kyle Morton
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from March 8, 2019
- Loudoun United FC Sign Midfielders Collin Verfurth and Sandor Bustamante - Loudoun United
- Nashville SC Ready to Open Play in 2019 USL Season - Nashville SC
- Phoenix Rising Kicks off 2019 Campaign with Challenging Road Trip to San Antonio - Phoenix Rising FC
- Pro Soccer Returns to Memphis Saturday as Memphis 901 FC Kicks off Inaugural Season - Memphis 901 FC
- RGV FC Adds 12 Players to Roster Ahead of 2019 Season - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- Austin Bold FC Set to Begin Inaugural Season on Saturday - Austin Bold FC
- Indy Eleven Travel To Saint Louis FC - Indy Eleven
- Game Notes: Tacoma Defiance vs. Rio Grande Valley FC - March 8, 2019 - Tacoma Defiance
- Bethlehem Steel FC Travels to Alabama for USL Championship Season Opener against Birmingham Legion FC - Bethlehem Steel FC
- San Antonio FC Introduces Fan Friendly Concession Pricing - San Antonio FC
- Lights FC Announce "The Happier Hour" - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Memphis 901 FC Matches to Air Locally on CW30 - Memphis 901 FC
- Hounds Sign Three Trialists to 2019 Roster - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Bethlehem Steel FC Signs Forward Yomi Samuele Scintu - Bethlehem Steel FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC Stories
- Playoff Tickets Now on Sale: Eastern Conference Quarterfinals
- RDA Announces Fall Experience Sessions
- Hounds Clinch Home Playoff Game, Defeat Saint Louis, 1-0
- Hounds Finish Regular Season Unbeaten at Home, Draw Atlanta, 1-1
- Riverhounds Academy Launches Futsal Program