Hounds' Regional Group Revealed
PITTSBURGH - Announced today by the USL Championship, Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC will compete in a regional division consisting of four other Eastern Conference competitors at the resumption of the 2020 season, which is provisionally scheduled for July 11.
Hartford Athletic, Loudoun United FC, New York Red Bulls II and Philadelphia Union II round out the regional group with the Hounds.
With a 16-game regular season in place, Riverhounds SC will face all four of these regional division opponents three times each. The remaining four games on the yet-to-be-released schedule will be against other clubs in a similar geographic region to Pittsburgh.
At the completion of the regular season, the top two teams in this regional division will advance to the USL Championship Playoffs.
Earlier this week, the USL Championship announced the structure for the remainder of the 2020 season.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 26, 2020
- Loudoun United FC Sign Nelson Martinez - Loudoun United FC
- USL Championship Announces Eastern Conference Groups - North Carolina FC
- LA Galaxy Acquire Midfielder Carlos Harvey on Loan from LA Galaxy II - LA Galaxy II
- STLFC Placed in Group E for 2020 USL Competition - Saint Louis FC
- Indy Eleven Learns Trio of Regional Group Foes for 2020 Season - Indy Eleven
- USL Championship Announces Eastern Conference Groups - USL
- USL Championship Announces Eastern Conference Groups - Charlotte Independence
- Memphis 901 FC Announced in Group G for USL's Return - Memphis 901 FC
- Legion FC Placed in Group G for 2020 USL Championship Season - Birmingham Legion FC
- Hounds' Regional Group Revealed - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- NEWS: Louisville City FC to Face Key Rivals in USL's 'Group E' - Louisville City FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.