Homestand July 30-August 1 | Aberdeen Adds #1 Overall Draft Pick to Roster
Vs. Aberdeen Ironbirds (Baltimore Orioles)
Orioles catching prospect Adley Rutschman, the No. 1 pick in the 2019 MLB Draft will be making his way to Niles, Ohio as the Scrappers take on the Aberdeen Ironbirds for a three-game series July 30-August 1. Rutschman, was drafted June 3 and signed with the club, with a MLB Record $8.1 million signing bonus, on June 24. He played in five games with the Gulf Coast League Orioles before moving up to Aberdeen. He had three hits in 14 at-bats, including a home run in his first professional game. Rutschman won the Golden Spikes Award as the top amateur player in the country this year after hitting .411/.575/.751 as a junior for Oregon State. As a sophomore, Rutschman hit .408/.505/.628 and helped lead the Beavers to the 2018 College World Series title.
Additionally, 2016 Howland High School graduate, Craig Lewis, outfielder for the Ironbirds will be at Eastwood Field. He was named First Team All-District his senior season and AAC Red Tier Conference Co-Player of the Year. He signed with the Orioles as the first pick in the 33rd round of the 2019 MLB Draft.
Tuesday, July 30 vs. Aberdeen @ 7:05pm
It's All You Can Eat Tuesday presented by 1390 The Sports Animal! Add $15 for adults and $12 for kids on to your ticket price and you can get all you can eat hot dogs, burgers, soft tacos, French fries, nachos, popcorn and soft drinks through the 7th inning! It's also Senior Discount Tuesday presented by Shepherd of the Valley. All our fans 55 or older will receive half priced Upper Box seat tickets.
Wednesday, July 31 vs. Aberdeen @ 7:05PM
It's Military Appreciation Night presented by NECA/IBEW Electricians and 27 WKBN & WYTV 33 with radio partner 570 WKBN. Show your Military ID and get two free Upper Box Seat tickets. It is also Wendy's® Wednesday! Get buy one, get one free Upper Box Seat tickets with a Wendy's receipt or voucher from participating Wendy's locations. It's also $2 Pizza Slice Night at the main concession stands presented by Marco's Pizza.
Thursday, August 1 vs. Aberdeen @ 7:05pm
It's Buck Night presented by Quaker Steak & Lube and radio partner 93.3 The Wolf. Fans can get $1 General Admission tickets, $1 hot dogs and $1 drinks all game long. It's also Stroke Awareness Night. We will have tips, facts and information about how to detect, monitor and prevent strokes.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from July 29, 2019
- Doubledays Offense Breaks out in Win over Scrappers - Auburn Doubledays
- Staten Island's Pitching and Clutch Hitting Leads to Win against Lowell - Staten Island Yankees
- ValleyCats Team with United Way on School Supply Drive - Tri-City ValleyCats
- Homestand July 30-August 1 | Aberdeen Adds #1 Overall Draft Pick to Roster - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- No Fees on Tickets for Rest of 2019 - Brooklyn Cyclones
Other Recent Mahoning Valley Scrappers Stories
- Warren Rotary Hosts Fall Fest at Eastwood Field this Saturday, October 12
- Warren Rotary Hosts Fall Fest at Eastwood Field on October 12
- Trick Or Treat at Eastwood Field Set for October 23rd
- Scrappers Schedule Set for 2020 Season
- Scrappers Final Regular Season Homestand August 28-September 2