Home Sweep Home
The Aberdeen Wings completed the sweep of the Wilderness with another big offensive night as they scored a 7-3 win over Minnesota. Cooper Haar potted a pair of goals while Jake Beaune and Mack Byers each tallied a goal and an assist. Clayton Cosentino, Connor Beatty, and Zach Aughe all found the back of the net for Aberdeen. Jake Sibell turned aside 29 of 32 shots to pick up the win in net. Nate Horn and Nathan Adrian each had a goal and an assist for Minnesota. Jacob Herter also scored while Kaleb Johnson and Jonathan Mor teamed up to stop 40 shots.
The Wings will be right back at it, as they hit the road for a Tuesday night game at Minot. Then they return home to take on the Bismarck Bobcats Friday and play at Bismarck Saturday. With the weekend sweep of the Wilderness the Wings moved into a tie atop the division with Bismarck.
• Discuss this story on the North American Hockey League message board...
North American Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2019
- Home Sweep Home - Aberdeen Wings
- Bounce Back with Bears - Minot Minotauros
- Pilots Rally to Sweep Jr. Blues with 6-3 Victory - Topeka Pilots
- Titans Defeat Tomahawks 4-2 to Split Weekend Series - New Jersey Titans
- Brown Bears Blow out Jets - Kenai River Brown Bears
- Jackalopes Fall 9-2 in Final Home Game of 2019 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bugs Blowout Ice Wolves - Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.