Hogg's Hat Trick Too Much for Jacks in 5-2 Loss
ODESSA, TX - Adam Hogg's hat trick was the difference in the Colorado Eagles 5-2 win over the Odessa Jackalopes on Tuesday night at the Ector County Coliseum. It was Odessa's second loss in their seven games.
Despite the losing effort, Sebastien Thinel and Todd Robinson each extended their individual point streaks for the Jackalopes (7-11-1). Thinel now has a point in eight consecutive games, Robinson in seven.
Hogg's first goal of the game opened up the scoring on a slap shot from the top of the left circle with just over a minute remaining in the first period.
Hogg then made it a 2-0 score favoring the Eagles (12-4-1), quickly scoring a shorthanded goal 1:10 into period two after a shot from the right-wing corner fluttered past Odessa's Michel Robinson. Jeff Pierce cut into the Eagles' lead with a slap shot between the circles five minutes into the frame. Dominic Leveille forced a turnover in the right-wing corner before setting up Pierce to pick up the assist.
Matt Glasser added a power play for the Eagles two minutes later for a 3-1 lead after forty minutes of play.
The Eagles pushed their lead to three with Hogg's hat trick marker of the game at 9:28. The tally also made it six goals in the last three games for the Eagle forward. Thinel closed the gap to two after banking a shot off the back of Colorado netminder, Kyle Jones, with less than six minutes to play in the contest.
Daymen Rycroft ended any comeback hopes for the Jackalopes by scoring on a breakaway with 2:34 to play.
Jones put together a 39-save performance for his league leading, ninth win of the season. Michel Robinson stopped 32 shots in the loss.
The Jackalopes continue their homestand on Friday, when they host the Laredo Bucks at 7:05 PM CST. The game can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
The Odessa Jackalopes are the Central Hockey League affiliate for the NHL's New York Islanders and the AHL's Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The team will begin its 14th season in the Permian Basin in October 2010. Season tickets, mini-plans, and single game tickets are available by calling (432) 552-PUCK or visiting jackalopes.org.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from November 30, 2010
- RiverKings Stop IceMen 5-2 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Hogg's Hat Trick Leads Eagles Past 'Jacks - Colorado Eagles
- Hogg's Hat Trick Too Much for Jacks in 5-2 Loss - Odessa Jackalopes
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- Odessa's Michel Robinson Named Oakley CHL Goaltender of the Week - CHL
- Thank You for Donating to the Mudbugs Food Drive - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Bloomington Back on the Road - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- RiverKings Meet IceMen Tonight in Southaven - Mississippi RiverKings
- Gems Host Biggest Family New Year's Eve Party in Dayton - Dayton Gems
- Bucks, Doctors Hospital Toy Drive Thursday - Laredo Bucks
- Season Premiere of SundogsTV Debuts this Saturday - Arizona Sundogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.