Hillcats and Pelicans Postponed on Saturday
Myrtle Beach, S.C. - Today's game between the Lynchburg Hillcats and the Myrtle Beach Pelicans has been postponed due to rain. The game will be made up as part of a double-header on Sunday, July 14. First pitch for Game One is scheduled for 5:05 p.m.
Left-hander Hector Hernandez (1-2, 2.48) will take the ball for Lynchburg in the first game, opposed by righty Paul Richan (8-4, 4.06) of Myrtle Beach. The following match-up will feature southpaw Juan Hillman (3-9, 4.17) for the Hillcats, while lefty Ryan Kellogg (2-5, 4.09) will toe the slab for the Birds.
There will be approximately 30 minutes between games and each contest will be seven innings in length.
Lynchburg is in the midst of a nine-game road trip, in which they are 0-6. The six-game losing skid is a season high.
Max Gun will be on the air at 4:55 p.m. with the Hillcats pre-game show on TuneIn Radio and the Radio434 App.
The Hillcats will return to City Stadium on July 17 for a six-game home stand against Fayetteville and Frederick. Homestand highlights include Winning Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday, Fantastic Friday, Sparkling Saturday, and Sandlot Sunday. Friday's post-game fireworks show will be presented by Pepsi while Saturday's will be presented by Kona Ice.
For tickets or more information, visit lynchburg-hillcats.com, call 434-528-1144, or visit the City Stadium box office.
The Lynchburg Hillcats are the Advanced-A affiliate of the Cleveland Indians. The Hillcats are eight-time Carolina League Champions, having most recently won the Mills Cup Championship in 2017. The Hillcats play their home games at City Stadium, which has been home to Minor League Baseball in Lynchburg since 1963. Visit the Hillcats online at Lynchburg-hillcats.com, and follow the Hillcats on Twitter (@LynHillcats), Instagram (@LynHillcats) and Facebook (Lynchburg Hillcats). For more information about the Lynchburg Hillcats, please contact Max Gun at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Rocks Rally from Five-Run Deficit for Walk-Off Win - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Mudcats Waste Late Lead in 8-7 Loss in Wilmington - Carolina Mudcats
- Cheese Spoil Big Lead in Ninth, Lose in Extras - Frederick Keys
- Woodpeckers Fall in Lopsided Loss - Fayetteville Woodpeckers
- Winston Drops Series Opener 4-3 at Down East - Winston-Salem Dash
- Wood Ducks Rally Past Dash Saturday - Down East Wood Ducks
- Johnston's Brilliant Effort Stifles Woodpeckers 9-1 - Potomac Nationals
- July 13 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Hillcats and Pelicans Postponed on Saturday - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Pelicans and Hillcats Postponed Due to Inclement Weather - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: July 13 vs. Lynchburg - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (July 13 at Down East) - Winston-Salem Dash
- July 13 Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.