Henriquez K's 8 in Four Innings as 'Dads Win
Hickory, NC - The 'Dads rode 11 hits to a 6-2 victory over the Asheville Tourists on Thursday night to even the series at a game a piece.
'Dads starter Ronny Henriquez got things started by striking out the first four batters he faced. Henriquez recorded 8 strikeouts through his four innings of work and allowed two hits and no walks on 54 pitches.
The offense broke loose in the bottom of the fourth, scoring a trio of runs. Jonathan Ornelas and Curtis Terry singled to lead off the inning. Tanner Gardner hit into a force out at second that brought Ornelas in. Pedro Gonzalez singled to put two runners on for Jose Almonte. Almonte delivered with a two-run double that pushed the score to 3-0.
Asheville scored two runs in the sixth but the 'Dads were able to hold onto the lead.
The Crawdads got a run back in the bottom half of the inning on consecutive singles by Gardner, Gonzalez, and Sherten Apostel.
In the bottom of the eighth the 'Dads added on another pair of runs. Curtis Terry was hit by a pitch and Pedro Gonzalez reached on a fielding error. Jose Almonte hit a ball of the left field wall for his second double of the night. The double scored Terry and Gonzalez.
All nine Crawdads batters collected a hit while Almonte and Gonzalez each had two.
The series against Asheville wraps up tomorrow night with a fireworks Friday at the Frans. The night is also Dodgeball Night and fans who dress up as their favorite character can buy a discounted $6 ticket. Through Sunday, the 'Dads are hosting Teacher Appreciation Week and school faculty can receive a free ticket. Friends and family can purchase additional ticket for $6.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from May 9, 2019
- Lexington Falls in Game Two to Kannapolis - Lexington Legends
- Suns Pitching Dazzles in 5-1 Win - Hagerstown Suns
- Lockridge Leads RiverDogs Past Fireflies - Charleston RiverDogs
- Henriquez K's 8 in Four Innings as 'Dads Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Vientos and Uriarte Smash Homers, Columbia Falls in Middle Game - Columbia Fireflies
- Riley Pint a Bright Spot in Tourists Loss to Crawdads - Asheville Tourists
- Fireflies Game Notes: May 9 at Charleston (Game 32) - Columbia Fireflies
- Drive Slug Their Way Past Braves 6-4 - Rome Braves
- Drive Top Rome, 6-4, on Thursday - Greenville Drive
- G-Rod, 'Birds Spit out 'Hoppers in Matinee - Delmarva Shorebirds
- Game Notes (May 9) - West Virginia Power
- Lexington Craft Beer Week Kicks off May 10th at Whitaker Bank Ballpark - Lexington Legends
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Bill on Baseball: Hoppers Take Aim on Shorebirds - Greensboro Grasshoppers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.