Hawks Set New Game Dates
Waterloo, Iowa - The United States Hockey League announced Thursday that the Waterloo Black Hawks will meet the Dubuque Fighting Saints and Lincoln Stars at Young Arena in January and April respectively.
The games had originally been planned for Thanksgiving week but were declared No Contests at that time, as conditions did not meet the minimum standards outlined in league safety protocols. Waterloo's new matchup with the Fighting Saints will be on Tuesday, January 26th at 7:05 p.m. The game against Lincoln will also begin at 7:05 p.m. on Tuesday, April 20th.
In total, eight of Waterloo's November games were altered. However, all of those contests have now been rescheduled on new nights. A complete accounting of the updates is below:
Opponent Venue New Date Time/Result Original Date
Des Moines Buccaneers Wells Fargo Arena Wed. December 30 L, 3-2 November 21
Omaha Lancers YOUNG ARENA Tue. January 19 7:05 p.m. November 6
Dubuque Fighting Saints YOUNG ARENA Tue. January 26 7:05 p.m. November 26
Omaha Lancers YOUNG ARENA Tue. March 9 7:05 p.m. November 7
Tri-City Storm Viaero Center Thu. March 18 7:05 p.m. November 15
Green Bay Gamblers Resch Center Sun. March 28 5:05 p.m. November 28
Lincoln Stars Lincoln Ice Box Thu. April 1 7:05 p.m. November 20
Lincoln Stars YOUNG ARENA Tue. April 20 7:05 p.m. November 25
Season ticket holders will automatically have their tickets package updated to account for the new home dates. Due to the Black Hawks' 2020/21 electronic ticketing policy and the implementation of limited ticket sales windows ahead of home games, only a small quantity of single-game tickets were sold for November home games. The team has already worked with all fans in those circumstances. Anyone with ticket questions is encouraged to call the Domino's Black Hawks Box Office at (319) 291-7680. Young Arena's capacity remains reduced to promote social distancing under the team's COVID-19 Readiness Plan.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from December 31, 2020
- Buccaneers Edge Waterloo on Power Play Goal - Des Moines Buccaneers
- Lancers Upset Musketeers New Year's Eve Party, 4-1 - Omaha Lancers
- Storm Drop New Year's Eve Battle to Stars - Tri-City Storm
- Herd Finishes 2020 with 6-3 Loss to Fargo - Sioux Falls Stampede
- Musketeers Drop 2020 Finale - Sioux City Musketeers
- Gamblers Win OT Thriller - Green Bay Gamblers
- Hawks Celebrate NYE Perfect Ten - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Force Close out 2020 with a Win - Fargo Force
- Storm Announce Captains for 2020-2021 Season - Tri-City Storm
- Noah Laba Commits to Colgate University - Lincoln Stars
- Hawks Set New Game Dates - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Set for New Year's Eve Showdown against Stars - Tri-City Storm
- Gamblers Double up Team USA - Green Bay Gamblers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.