Hawks Add Veteran Goalie
Waterloo, Iowa - The Waterloo Black Hawks have acquired goaltender Jack Williams in a trade with the Muskegon Lumberjacks which the teams announced on Monday.
Last season, Williams was a regular starter for the Lumberjacks, tending the crease for 28 games and producing a record of 12-8-4. Four of his wins came in overtime or shootout situations. The now-19-year-old from St. Louis made a season-high 45 saves during an overtime loss at Young Arena on January 24th. It was one of eight instances when Williams made 30 or more saves in a game last season.
Williams is committed to Michigan State, where 2019/20 Black Hawks forward Kyle Haskins will be a freshman this fall.
The Hawks traded a 2021 USHL Phase II draft pick to bring Williams to Waterloo.
The Black Hawks' 2020/21 schedule opens on Friday, November 6th versus the Omaha Lancers.
• Discuss this story on the United States Hockey League message board...
United States Hockey League Stories from October 20, 2020
- Lumberjacks Acquire Draft Pick for Goaltender Williams - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Commemorative Book Celebrates Hawks' Thanksgivings - Waterloo Black Hawks
- Storm Announce Wednesday's Game Will be Played Without Fans - Tri-City Storm
- Hawks Add Veteran Goalie - Waterloo Black Hawks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.