Hammerheads Host Dayton for Pink Out
Wilmington, NC - Wilmington Hammerheads FC is scheduled to take on the Dayton Dutch Lions for their annual Pink Out match on Saturday, August 9 at 7:30 p.m. ET at Legion Stadium as they race for a spot in the playoffs.
The Hammerheads enter Saturday's match following a 3-1 loss against the Richmond Kickers last weekend and concluding their three-game regular season series. Drew Ruggles tallied his first goal for the Hammerheads this season in the 66th minute to prevent a scoreless finish by Wilmington.
Before arriving in Wilmington, the Lions will play the Charleston Battery at Blackbaud Stadium on Friday night under the direction of newly appointed Head Coach Matt Weston. Dayton fell 1-0 on their home field to the Harrisburg City Islanders last Saturday extending their winless streak at home and adding to their current overall record of 5-15-2.
Saturday's Pink Out match at Legion Stadium supports New Hanover Regional Medical Center Foundation's Pink Ribbon Project. Fans can bid on the pink jerseys worn by the Hammerheads players during the match online at www.wilmingtonhammerheads.com until Friday, August 15. All proceeds from the auction benefit the Pink Ribbon Project, helping local women without insurance or other financial resources by providing mammography screenings, diagnostics, comfort items and spiritual support. Terms and conditions of the auction are defined online.
As the race for a playoff berth continues, the Hammerheads have a tight schedule ahead of them entering into late August with a cross-country road trip and the make-up match versus Orlando City on August 28 just days before hosting Sacramento Republic FC on August 30. Wilmington is also scheduled to host Orlando City again on Wednesday, September 3 at Legion Stadium for their final regular season home match.
Hammerheads are scheduled to travel north for their next match to take on the New York Red Bulls Reserve on Friday, August 15 at 8:00 p.m. at Lubetkin Field. Fans in Wilmington are encouraged to join the Hammerheads organization for a live Watch Party on Friday at Buffalo Wild Wings on Old Eastwood Road to cheer on the team.
For more information regarding Wilmington Hammerheads FC or to purchase tickets, please contact (910) 777-2111 or visit online at www.wilmingtonhammerheads.com.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from August 8, 2014
- Riverhounds Defeat OC Blues FC 1-0 at Highmark Stadium - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Dayton Draws Battery 2-2 on Late Goal - Charleston Battery
- Blues Welcome New Players to Orange County - Orange County SC
- OKC Energy FC Faces Sacramento Saturday Night - OKC Energy FC
- Dayton Dutch Lions FC Welcomes the Cincinnati Bengals at DOC Stadium - Dayton Dutch Lions
- Hammerheads Receive Stuver on Loan from Crew - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
- Match Preview- Orlando Aims to Extend Lead at the Top of the Table - Orlando City SC
- Match Preview: Sacramento Republic FC V Oklahoma City Energy FC - Sacramento Republic FC
- West Coast Clash Highlights Weekend's Action - USL
- Hammerheads Host Dayton for Pink Out - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
- Dayton Dutch Lions FC Play Back to Back Games in Charleston and Wilmington - Dayton Dutch Lions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.