'Hamilton Proud' Mask Campaign Raises $30,000 for Food4kids
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats Football Club and Forge FC Hamilton are proud to announce that the 'Hamilton Proud' mask campaign has raised $30,000 for Food4Kids Hamilton.
"The Tiger-Cats and Forge FC are committed to supporting healthy, active and empowered youth in all of our community endeavors," said Matt Afinec, President and Chief Operating Officer of the Tiger-Cats and Forge FC. "It's a source of great pride to support an organization like Food4Kids Hamilton and the impactful work they do. We also wanted to applaud the phenomenal support of our fans that made this donation possible through their community mindedness and generosity."
"The Hamilton Tiger Cats and Forge FC are extraordinary leaders in our community," said Cathy Haan, Executive Director, Food4Kids Hamilton. "We could not be more thrilled or grateful to work with both organizations. We cherish this initiative with both clubs."
During COVID-19 with schools closed, Food4Kids is sending each child in its program a $25 grocery card every two weeks. The program costs exceed $62,000 per month and the organization relies on the generosity of community donations and online fundraising to sustain supporting these kids. To donate directly to Food4Kids, please visit https://www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/m/18537/donation.
All season seat holders that have yet to receive their 2-pack of masks and anyone that purchased masks that have yet to receive their order can expect them to arrive in the mail very soon.
• Discuss this story on the Canadian Football League message board...
Canadian Football League Stories from June 30, 2020
- RedBlacks Host 2020 Drive-Through Bottle Drive - Ottawa RedBlacks
- 'Hamilton Proud' Mask Campaign Raises $30,000 for Food4kids - Hamilton Tiger-Cats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Hamilton Tiger-Cats Stories
- Tiger-Cats Mourn the Loss of Former Owner and Iconic Hamiltonian David Braley
- Tiger-Cats Mourn the Passing of Tommy Joe Coffey
- Letter from Caretaker Bob Young to Tiger-Cats Fans and Partners
- 'Hamilton Proud' Mask Campaign Raises $30,000 for Food4kids
- Tiger-Cats Sign Defensive Back Stribling