Gwinnett Stripers Accepting Grant Applications
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. - The Gwinnett Stripers, in conjunction with the Atlanta Braves Foundation, are now accepting applications for the 2019 Stripers Grant Program. The program will award a $2,500 grant to a different nonprofit organization each month from May through August.
Each month will focus on a different category of nonprofit organizations, all fitting within the Atlanta Braves Foundation's pillars of "Live, Learn, Play, and Serve." The four categories are:
May: Military programs
June: Health and wellness programs
July: Service-oriented programs
August: Youth programs
Interested nonprofit organizations may apply online at GoStripers.com/grants through March 31. Organizations deemed qualified will be contacted by the Stripers to provide supporting documents by April 14. One organization will be selected by the Stripers as the recipient of a $2,500 grant each month.
The 2019 season marks the 11th in which Gwinnett has partnered with the Atlanta Braves Foundation to award monthly grants to nonprofits, but the first in which the grant has been increased to $2,500. The team previously awarded $1,000 grants, totaling approximately $175,000 in charitable giving from 2009 to 2018.
"Having a greater impact in our community is one of our core goals," said Stripers Vice President and General Manager Adam English. "Raising our monthly grant total is just one of several ways we are working to strengthen and improve our community outreach. The Stripers look forward to supporting area nonprofit organizations and their vital missions this season and in the years to come."
For more information on the Grant Program and all other Stripers community initiatives, visit GoStripers.com/community.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from March 6, 2019
- Opening Night ticket blowout scheduled for March 16 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Bisons to Host Micah Hyde Charity Softball Game -June 2 at Sahlen Field - Buffalo Bisons
- Gwinnett Stripers Accepting Grant Applications - Gwinnett Stripers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Gwinnett Stripers Stories
- Gwinnett Stripers Show Growth at Gates in 2019
- Stripers' Season Ends in 5-4 Game 4 Loss at Columbus
- Stripers Stay Alive with 10-6 Win in Columbus
- Four-Run Fourth Keys Columbus in 7-3 Win over Stripers
- Stripers Fall 5-4 to Columbus Despite Homers from Riley, Duvall