Growlers Sign Marcus Power
St. John's, NL - The Newfoundland Growlers have signed St. John's native Marcus Power to a one-year, ECHL contract. With the signing, Power becomes the first player under contract in Growlers franchise history.
Power, 24, skated in 30 games last season with the University of Prince Edward Island of the AUS registering 17 goals and 12 assists for 29 points, along with a -4 rating and 29 penalty minutes.
The 6'-0", 185-pound center played four seasons with the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies of the QMJHL from 2010-2014 where he totaled 65 goals and 146 assists for 211 points in 231 games. He established a career high of 109 points with the Huskies during the 2013-14 campaign before moving on to the University of Prince Edward Island.
Stay current with the latest team news by visiting www.nlgrowlers.ca. Follow the Growlers all year long on Facebook (/nlgrowlers), Twitter (@nlgrowlers), and Instagram (@nlgrowlers).
The first game for the Newfoundland Growlers in their inaugural season will be October 12 when they face off against the Florida Everblades at Mile One Centre. Season Tickets are now available and can be purchased online at www.mileonecentre.com, in person at the box office or by phone at 576-7657.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 12, 2018
- Adirondack Signs Rookie Forward Daniel Perigo - Adirondack Thunder
- Tayler Thompson Back for 2018-19 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- AJ White Returning to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Cory Ward Joins Monarchs for 2018-19 Season - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Sign Rookie Defenseman Zach Todd - Tulsa Oilers
- Defenseman Schartz Signs on for 2018-19 Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Maine Mariners Announce Premier Partnership with Consolidated Communications - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Sign Marcus Power - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.