AJ White Returning to Steelheads
Boise, ID (7/12/18) - Steelheads Head Coach and Director of Hockey Operations Neil Graham announced on Thursday that the Idaho Steelheads have agreed to terms with forward AJ White on an ECHL contract for the 2018-19 season.
White, 26, returns for his second season with the Steelheads and the third campaign of his pro career. The Dearborn, Michigan native netted ten goals and 34 points in 70 games during his first season in Boise, along with a goal and an assist in 11 playoff appearances.
"I'm extremely excited to be back in the great city of Boise," said White. "I want to help continue this organization's winning ways, and I'm ready to grow our success from last season."
A former captain at the University of Massachusetts-Lowell, the 6-foot-2 White's hard-charging style made an impact during his first season in Boise. He was named the winner of the Steelheads' Unsung Hero Award for 2017-18.
"Any time you can re-sign a player with the character and leadership qualities of AJ White, it's a great day," said Graham. "AJ grew in confidence last year, and he was reliable and consistent all season. We expect him to take even more steps this year."
White has appeared in 119 ECHL games over the past two seasons with the Steelheads and the Atlanta Gladiators, totaling 15 goals and 54 points. White also has played in 17 AHL games with the Milwaukee Admirals and Providence Bruins, notching two assists.
At UMass-Lowell, White played in 153 NCAA games from 2012-2016, collecting 28 goals and 79 points. White served as captain during his senior season, and he was a member of a Hockey East Championship team in 2012-13. White won the Unsung Hero Award at UMass-Lowell in 2016.
With White's addition, the Steelheads have agreed to terms with five players for the 2018-19 season, four of them forwards.
Season ticket packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now. To purchase your seats for Steelheads hockey, contact the Steelheads front office at 383-0080 or visit idahosteelheads.com.
Images from this story
AJ White of the Idaho Steelheads
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from July 12, 2018
- Adirondack Signs Rookie Forward Daniel Perigo - Adirondack Thunder
- Tayler Thompson Back for 2018-19 Season - Orlando Solar Bears
- AJ White Returning to Steelheads - Idaho Steelheads
- Cory Ward Joins Monarchs for 2018-19 Season - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers Sign Rookie Defenseman Zach Todd - Tulsa Oilers
- Defenseman Schartz Signs on for 2018-19 Season - Norfolk Admirals
- Maine Mariners Announce Premier Partnership with Consolidated Communications - Maine Mariners
- Growlers Sign Marcus Power - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Idaho Steelheads Stories
- Kale Kessy Joins Steelheads
- Idaho Steelheads Add Rookie Defenseman Scott Dornbrock
- Brian McCormack Named Director of Broadcasting for the AHL's San Antonio Rampage
- Steelheads Acquire ECHL Rights to Justin Kea from Florida Everblades
- Alexander Dahl Returns to Steelheads for Second Season