Greenville Triumph SC Adds Jake Keegan from the League of Ireland
Greenville, SC - Greenville Triumph SC has reached across the Atlantic to land forward Jake Keegan from St. Patrick's Athletic of the League of Ireland Premiere Division as its second player signed for the inaugural 2019 roster pending league and federation approval.
"I've been fortunate to score a decent amount of goals throughout my career, and I aim to continue that attacking success in Greenville," says Keegan.
Keegan played four seasons at Binghamton University in Binghamton, New York, becoming the all-time leading goal scorer for the NCAA Division I school with 28 goals in 71 appearances.
Following his collegiate career, the Stormville, New York, native joined FCA Darmstadt in Germany for the 2013 season. In 2014, he signed with Galway FC in Ireland, which was promoted to First Division in Ireland after Keegan's initial season with the team.
"During my time in Ireland I was lucky enough to be the part of an inaugural season with Galway FC, who were a rebrand of Galway United," says Keegan. "Our club was promoted the first season and it is one of my favorite memories in soccer. Hopefully we can achieve similar success in Greenville this season."
Following two seasons in the NASL with FC Edmonton in 2015-16, Keegan returned to Ireland in 2018 to play with St. Patrick's Athletic of the League of Ireland Premiere Division. Keegan comes to the Triumph with 65 career goals.
"We are excited to bring Jake to Greenville Triumph SC," said Head Coach and Sporting Director John Harkes. "He brings great experience from his time in Ireland, and he is a crafty forward with great technical ability. As a striker, we're excited to have a player in Jake that makes quality runs into the box and loves to score goals."
Keegan joins defender Tyler Polak on the team's roster for 2019.
The Triumph's first home game is set for April 6 at Legacy Early College. Get your season tickets by visiting greenvilletriumph.com/season-tickets.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League One message board...
United Soccer League One Stories from January 10, 2019
- Greenville Triumph SC Adds Jake Keegan from the League of Ireland - Greenville Triumph SC
- North Texas Soccer Club Acquires Alfusainey Jatta on Loan from MFK Vyskov - North Texas SC
- Goalkeeper Kyle Ihn Signed - Lansing Ignite
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Greenville Triumph SC Stories
- Greenville Triumph Face Richmond Saturday
- Greenville Triumph to Hold Exhibition Match against App State
- Greenville Triumph, ScanSource Announce Partnership
- Greenville Triumph Announce Addition of William M. Webster to Team Ownership Group
- Greenville Triumph SC Rounds out Coaching Staff