Goaltender Pavel Cajan Signs OHL Standard Player Agreement
The Kitchener Rangers have announced that Czech goaltender Pavel Cajan has signed an Ontario Hockey League Standard Player Agreement with the team.
Cajan was selected by the Rangers 41st pick overall (49th before passes) in the 2020 CHL Import Draft. The 17 year-old registered a 3.13 goals against average and .915 save percentage over 29 games in the DHL Cup with Liberec Bili Tygri Jr.
Cajan, who is 6'2" and 174 pounds, also posted a 1.55 GAA and .917 save percentage in three games played with the Czech U18 squad last season.
"We are very excited to welcome Pavel to the Rangers. We feel he has all the tools to be a very good goaltender in our league," Rangers Head Coach and General Manager Mike McKenzie said. "We look forward to having him in Kitchener and seeing him continue his development in a Rangers uniform."
Pronunciation: PA-vell CHAI-on
Hometown: HluboÅ¡, CZE
Birthdate: October 13, 2002
Weight: 174 lbs
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from July 27, 2020
- Frontenacs Receive Commitments from Martin Chromiak and Vitali Pinchuk - Kingston Frontenacs
- Five Former Storm Players on NHL Return to Play Rosters - Guelph Storm
- Goaltender Pavel Cajan Signs OHL Standard Player Agreement - Kitchener Rangers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kitchener Rangers Stories
- Fill the Rangers Bus in Support of the Food Bank of Waterloo Region
- Lending a Hand in a Time of Need
- Mason Kohn Shifts Gears After Fulfilling Hockey Career
- A Doctor's Journey from East Ave. to the West Coast
- Goaltender Pavel Cajan Signs OHL Standard Player Agreement