Giants Sign 2003-Born Defenceman Brenden Pentecost
Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Giants General Manager Barclay Parneta announced today that the Giants have signed 2003-born defenceman Brenden Pentecost (Surrey, B.C.) to a Standard WHL Player Agreement.
Pentecost checks in a 6'1" and 161-pounds. He was drafted by the Giants in the sixth-round of the 2018 WHL Bantam Draft. Last season he appeared in 24 games with the Delta Hockey Academy Elite 15s. He scored five goals along with seven assists for 12 points. Additionally he recorded four penalty minutes in four playoff games. His Elite Prospects bio can be found here.
"Brenden is a reliable, two-way defenceman that can help you win in a lot of ways," said Giants GM Barclay Parneta. "He brings even more depth to a position of strength for us and we're excited to watch his development continue."
Pentecost is the fifth 2018 draftee to sign. The others include: Forwards Zack Ostapchuk and Justin Lies, goaltender Drew Sim and defenceman Nicco Camazzola.
The Giants are thrilled to welcome Brenden Pentecost and his family to their organization.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 16, 2019
- Winterhawks Announce 2019 Training Camp Rosters - Portland Winterhawks
- Rockets gear up for busy rookie camp - Kelowna Rockets
- Pats Kick off 2019 Training Camp Thursday - Regina Pats
- Giants Sign 2003-Born Defenceman Brenden Pentecost - Vancouver Giants
- Summer Check in with Daniel Baker - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Giants Stories
- Arizona Coyotes Sign David Tendeck to a Three-Year Entry-Level Contract
- Bowen Byram Named WHL Western Conference Second Team All-Star
- Giants Select Forward Duncan Shin in Round 2 of the 2020 WHL U.S. Prospects Draft
- Giants Select D-Man Philippe Blais-Savoie in Round 1 of the 2020 WHL U.S. Prospects Draft
- A Statement from the Vancouver Giants