Gens Get Big Win In Quad City
Flint, MI- The Flint Generals were able to put an end to their early season losing streak with a big 3-2 win Friday night in Moline, Illinois over the Quad City Mallards.
Tyler Willis scored Flint's first goal with an unassisted score at 2:30 of the first. A few minutes later at 6:46, Lucas Schott gave the Gens a 2-0 lead. Henry Burke would get the game winner, at 2:06 of the third when he moved in off the rush.
The Mallards scored at 15:33 of the second cutting the Generals lead to 2-1 with a shorthanded goal at the hands of former Generals member Joel Gasper. Brandon Morino got Quad City's second goal and only goal of the middle period.
The Generals head to Bloomington, Indiana for their first meeting with the Bloomington PrairieThunder this season. The PrairieThunder are 2-2-0-1 through five games. -- Director of Communications Flint Generals Hockey Office: 810-744-0222 Cell: 810-599-1150
SPECIAL NOVEMBER PRICING! Admission for groups of 10 or more is JUST $5/SEAT ANYWHERE IN THE HOUSE! Offer ends Nov. 5th. CALL NOW - 810-744-0222 or 810-599-1150
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from October 30, 2009
- Flint Slips Past Mallards 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Generals Kick Off Halloween Weekend With Big Win Over Quad City - Flint Generals
- Gens Get Big Win In Quad City - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals