Generals zapped at Port Huron
PORT HURON, MI - The Flint Generals of the International Hockey League were defeated by the Port Huron Icehawks 9-1 in front of 1,686 at McMorran Arena on Saturday night.
Zach Pearson (11) scored the lone goal for Flint in the third period. The Generals trailed Port Huron 2-0 after the first period. The Icehawks exploded for 4 second period goals en route to the victory. There were 4 players that scored 2 goals each for the Icehawks.
This game marked the first meeting between the two teams since the trade for Jeff Zehr from Port Huron for Steve Rymsha. The veteran Rymsha scored twice against his former Generals team, including the game-winner in the first period.
Flint (18-40-2-4, 42 pts.) is idle until Friday night when traveling to face the Muskegon Lumberjacks on Friday, March 20, 2009 at L.C. Walker Arena at 7:00 p.m. (Radio: WFNT 1470 AM, The B-2 Network, www. flintgenerals.com at 6:40 p.m.). Flint will play 4 consecutive road games before returning to Perani Arena.
The Generals next home game is Saturday, March 28, 2009 against the Kalamazoo Wings at 7:30 p.m.
Remember the "Best Seat in the House" night from 4-6 p.m. at Perani Arena, prior to the start of the Flint-Kalamazoo game. Meet the Generals business partners and sponsors along with the players, and check out your "Best Seat in the House" for the 2009-10 Season Tickets Spring Special.
Tickets for any and all regular season home games are on sale at the Perani Arena Ticket Office at (810) 744-0580 or on-line at www.flintgenerals.com. For more details, contact the Flint Generals at (810) 742-9422.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from March 14, 2009
- Generals zapped at Port Huron - Flint Generals
- Fort Wayne Ends Kalamazoo's Two-Game Road Winning Streak with 5-2 Win - Kalamazoo Wings
- Four Players Turn In Two Goals Each In Victory - Port Huron Icehawks
- PrairieThunder victorious over Muskegon - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Generals At Port Huron Saturday Night - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals