FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals wrapped up week five's four games in five nights Sunday, going 0-3-0-1 on the weekend and dropping to a 3-9-0-2 record on the season thus far.
The Gens played another exciting game against the Dayton Gems on Veteran's Day, dropping the game 3-2 in a shootout. Each of the three meetings between the two teams has ended with a one goal differential. The team headed to Muskegon Friday and despite the great play of goaltender Rob Nolan, the Gens came home with a 6-3 loss. Saturday was game one of the second home and home series with Port Huron, unfortunately the Gens were met with the same fate as in week two and were overcome by the Hawks 5-1. They came out with great intensity on Sunday at McMorran and once again the rookie Nolan had a stellar performance but the team came up short on the score board, only finding the back of the net once.
Wednesday the team heads to Fort Wayne for the first time this season. The last matchup between these two was a nail biter; Fort Wayne pushed it to a shootout and walked out with the win, despite the loss Gens fans went home smiling.
Action returns to Perani Nov. 20th for a Friday night as the Gens host "Lapeer Minor Hockey/ College Night" when Dayton comes to town. With exciting games in each of the previous three meetings, fans should be in for a treat.
The Gens hit the road again Sunday for game two of a home and home with the Gems. The game is set for 5:00 PM and like all Generals games, is available for viewing through the B2 Networks or just listening live, both options are accessible through our website www.flintgenerals.com.
Tickets for Saturday's game and all Generals home games for the 2009-10 season are available at the Perani Arena Ticket Office in person or by phone 810-744-0580 or through Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com. For group rates with the Generals call the Generals office at (810) 744-0222 or visit our website.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from November 17, 2009
- Mallards Webkinz Giveaway Sunday - Quad City Mallards
- Icehawks Kick Off Three Game Week With Trip To Muskegon - Port Huron Icehawks
- New Pro Shop Opens At McMorran Arena - Port Huron Icehawks
- IHL Suspension Notice - IHL 2
- Generals Weekly - Flint Generals
- Generals At Polar Palace Tonight - Flint Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals