Generals Weekly Report
The Flint Generals troubles returned this past weekend with a two game road skid. The team could not ask for more from netminder Rob Nolan who let in 4 total goals despite countless scoring chances by Bloomington and Quad City. Both games lacked the intensity that had been shown the two previous weeks until it was too late. Friday they dropped a 3-1 decision to the PrairieThunder followed by a 2-1 loss to the Mallards on Sunday evening.
THE WEEK AHEAD:
The team looks to get back on the right track with a busy week ten, playing four games in six days, including three in three nights. The four game road venture wraps up Tuesday in Port Huron for game one of a home and home with the IceHawks. The Gens have struggled against their I-69 rival this season as well as on the road; a win Tuesday will be a challenge but is within reach if they play like they did in weeks seven and eight.
Friday, Dec. 18th marks the return of the Generals to Perani as they welcome Port Huron for game two of this week's two game series, and with their last two wins coming on home ice, the return is welcomed. The Generals will be hosting the second "Pre-Holiday Shopping Night" with new and returning vendors. This Friday is also the Toys for Tots drive, so bring a toy for donation and some money to finish your holiday shopping, and come enjoy a great night of Generals hockey.
The Gens head to Dayton to take on the Gems Saturday where they look to pick up where they left off. Despite evenly played games, the Gems had the upper hand in the season series until the Generals last trip down to Dayton when Flint pulled out a much needed 3-1 victory.
Week ten wraps up at home Sunday, Dec. 20th with a visit from Quad City. After falling to the Mallards on the road this past weekend, the Gens look to take back the upper hand. The fan favorite Teddy Bear Toss returns for the 4:00 PM puck drop.
If your business is interested in participating in Friday's Pre-Holiday Shopping event, call the Generals Office at 810-744-0222. For $50, new vendors are able to set up a table to sell their products and receive 10 tickets to the game that night.
Tickets for this Friday's game and all Generals home games are available at the Perani Arena Ticket Office, by phone at 810-744-0580, or through Ticketmaster. The Generals offer great group rates for parties of 10 or more! For group ticket information, call the Generals office at 810-744-0222 or visit our website www.flintgenerals.com. For information on being a vendor for Dec. 18th "Pre-Holiday Shopping Night," call the Generals office. All Generals games home and away, are available for viewing on our website through the B2 Network.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from December 14, 2009
- Icehawks Sweep IHL Weekly Awards - Port Huron Icehawks
- PrairieThunder Update - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Icehawks Soar To Five Straight Victories - IHL 2
- IHL Announces Weekly Honors For Week Nine - IHL 2
- Red Hot Icehawks Look To Keep Streak Alive - Port Huron Icehawks
- Komets Host Mallards Friday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Generals Weekly Report - Flint Generals
- Generals Weekly Notes - Flint Generals
- 'Jacks Set to Hit the Road - Muskegon Lumberjacks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals