Generals Slowed By Mallards
Moline, IL - The Flint Generals dropped their second game of the weekend with a 2-1 loss to the Quad City Mallards Sunday evening.
Flint came out strong in the first period, outshooting the Mallards 10 to 7 and generating a lot of quality chances. But goaltenders Jared Kaufman and Rob Nolan skated off the ice at the end of the period having turned away every shot faced.
The Mallards' Obi Aduba came streaking down the left side with two Generals draped on him and still managed to beat Nolan far side. Marc Rechlicz and Jason Goulet assisted on the goal that went in at 8:42 of the second period. Justin White made it 2-0 with a power play goal at 11:08. AJ Bozoian and Brandon Marino got the assists on the play that took three whacks before beating Nolan. With three hooking penalties in the period, the Generals uphill battle was made that much more difficult.
The Flint squad came out with a lot more energy in the third outshooting the Mallards 18 to 8. Steve Silver brought the G-Men within one score with a shorthanded goal at 12:59 getting assists from Greg Bullock and John Ronan. Nolan made a lot of great saves while the Gens created a lot of offensive chances throughout the remainder of the game but Kaufman was solid.
The Generals went 0 for 5 on the power play while giving up 6 man advantage opportunities. Nolan stopped 26 of 28 shots faced while the Generals fired 34 shots at Kaufman.
Action resumes for the Generals Tuesday as they wrap up their four game road swing in Port Huron. They return to Perani Friday, Dec. 18th to welcome the IceHawks for game two of a home and home as they host the second Pre-Holiday Shopping Night and Toys for Tots drive.
Tickets for Friday's game are on sale at the Perani Ticket Office, by phone at 810-744-0580, or through Ticketmaster. For group ticket information, call the Generals Office at 810-744-0222 or visit our website at www.flintgenerals.com. If you are interested in being a vendor for the Dec. 18th shopping event, call the Generals Office. All Generals games are available for viewing on our website through the B2 Networks.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from December 13, 2009
- 'Jacks Weekly Notes - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- Icehawks Shutout Lumberjacks, Move Into Tie For First Place - Port Huron Icehawks
- Generals Slowed By Mallards - Flint Generals
- Mallards, Kaufmann Stop Flint - Quad City Mallards
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals