Generals Ready For Biggest Weekend Of The Season
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals are looking forward to their 3 game weekend, the final one of the regular season, with great anticipation as they look to overcome the odds and move past the Bloomington Prairiethunder for the 4th and final playoff spot in the International Hockey League.
Given the fact that two months ago, the Generals were sitting dead last in the IHL standings and many thought would just play out the season, it's been an amazing fight for this team who finds themselves 3 points behind Bloomington with 3 games remaining for each team including what is shaping up to be the game of the year this Friday night in Flint when the two teams battle head to head starting at 7:30pm.
This Friday is also 'Shriner's Night' with the Generals wearing a specially designed Jerseys (see below) that will be auctioned off immediately after the game in a live auction.
The Generals play their final home game of the regular season on Saturday night at 7:30pm when the league leading Muskegon Lumberjacks come to town. Saturday is UAW Night, where all UAW members can purchase tickets at a special price. It is also going to be 'Team Awards Night', where the Generals will be honoring some of their own for their accomplishments this season.
The Generals will then wrap up their regular season schedule on Sunday when they travel to Fort Wayne for what may be the game that decides if the Generals make the playoffs or not.
The Flint Generals will be Bubba O'Malley's TONIGHT (Wednesday) for a night of food and song! At 6:30pm fans can eat with the Generals at a Pizza/Salad/Breadstick Buffet for $15 per person. Fans will also be provided a ticket for either Friday or Saturday's game along with an opportunity to win prizes. At 8pm fans will have the opportunity to sing Karaoke with their favorite Generals players. Tickets can be purchased at the Generals office, or at Bubba O'Malley's which is located at 1026 South Belsay Road, which is at Belsay and I-69.
Tickets for Friday's and Saturday's games are available in person at the Perani Arena Box Office, online at Ticketmaster.com or by phone by calling (810) 742-0580.
Special Shriner's Jersey which will be auctioned off after the game Friday against Bloomington.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from April 14, 2010
- Mallards Sign Dolgy - Quad City Mallards
- Fort Wayne's Haun Named IHL Goaltender Of The Year - IHL 2
- Port Huron To Host Bloomington To Close Out Regular Season - Port Huron Icehawks
- Generals Ready For Biggest Weekend Of The Season - Flint Generals
- Fort Wayne's Chaulk Named IHL Outstanding Defensive Forward - IHL 2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals