Generals Ink Kovalcik
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals, proud members of the IHL, announced Friday the addition of winger Chris Kovalcik to their lineup.
The 6'4" 220 pound Kovalcik began his pro career at the start of the 2004-2005 season at the age of 22, playing for three teams in the SPHL and ECHL and is entering his sixth professional season. In that time he has played in 269 games, scoring 32 goals and 56 assists along the way.
Chris, a native of St. Charles, MO spent the 2008-09 season with the Tulsa Oilers of the CHL scoring 3 goals and 7 assists in 53 games. He began the 2009-10 season with the Wichita Thunder also of the CHL.
General Manager Peter South states, "Having him play for us in the playoffs two seasons ago, I'm aware of the toughness and energy he can bring to the team. And we're glad to have him back in a Generals uniform."
The Generals made a couple of other changes to the roster Friday, trading Rick Varone to Bloomington for future considerations and placing Jason Hill on waivers. In his six games with the Generals, Hill netted 1 goal and 3 assists.
Kovalcik and the Generals return to action tomorrow night (Saturday) in Port Huron to face the IceHawks at McMorran Arena. The Generals return to Perani Arena February 13th for Clio vs. Mt. Morris Pride Night to play host to the IceHawks.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from January 29, 2010
- Gems edged out by Prairie Thunder - Dayton Gems
- PrairieThunder wins - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Mallards Fall in Fort Wayne 4-1 - Quad City Mallards
- Generals Ink Kovalcik - Flint Generals
- PrairieThunder Obtains Varone - Bloomington PrairieThunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals