Generals Fall To Icehawks 4-3
FLINT, MI - The Flint Generals were looking to stay hot after a 6-5 comeback overtime victory over Quad City Sunday afternoon. Tonight's games started much like Sunday's with the opponent getting out to a big lead early. Former General Jason Selleke started the scoring 2:08 into the hockey game with his third of the season from Daniel Tetrault. Then Derek Patrasso scored two straight goals, both assisted by Mikeal Bedard to give the Ice Hawks a 3-0 advantage through one period of play. Rob Nolan was pulled in the second giving way to backup Nick Neidert. The Ice Hawks scored at 9:50 of the second when Brandon Naurato scored of the powerplay to give the Hawks a 4-0 lead. Then Generals didn't quit, John Ronan scored his third goal in the past two games to make it 4-1, then Nate Ward scored on a backhand following up an odd-man rush to cut the lead in half heading into the second intermission. The third period was tightly contested by both clubs but the Gens broke thorough at 14:38 when Rick Smith scored his third of the year to make it 4-3. In a late attempt to tie, Head coach Jason Muzzati pulled Neidert for an extra attacker but Larry Sterling was at his best in the last minute making some key saves to hold onto the 4-3 victory. The Generals next game is Saturday night December 26th, at 7:30 when they entertain the Dayton Gems. It's "Hooters Night" at Perani Arena and there will be wing eating contest at center ice durind intermission time.
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from December 22, 2009
- Muskegon Drops Mallards 4-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Generals Fall To Icehawks 4-3 - Flint Generals
- Fort Wayne's MacMillan Suspended - IHL 2
- Santa Arrives Early For Komets; 2008 Turner Cup Champ Mitch Woods To Rejoin Fold - Fort Wayne Komets
- PrairieThunder This Week - Bloomington PrairieThunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals