Generals Add Veteran Defenseman In Henry
FLINT, MI - The Generals announced Tuesday that they have added veteran defenseman and Ste. Rose, Manitoba native Burke Henry to their now 20 man roster.
Burke, a 6'0" 201lb defenseman, began his professional hockey career in the 1999-2000 season with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League. He would spend two seasons in Harford followed by one season with the Saint John Flames and Norfolk Admirals (also with the AHL). He played with Norfolk until the Chicago Blackhawks called him up, he appeared in 16 games.
The 30 year old has since competed for European teams such as Salzburg EC in Austria and Tappara Tampere in Finland. Henry has spent the past two seasons with Aalborg AAB Ishockey in Denmark, scoring 6 goals, 33 assists and racking up 128 penalty minutes in 71 games.
Burke brings with him 39 games of NHL experience with the Blackhawks over two seasons.
The Generals kick off their season this weekend with two home games. Friday, Oct. 16th they welcome the Muskegon Lumberjacks with face-off set for 7:30pm. Then on Saturday, Oct. 17th they host the Quad City Mallards, the puck will drop at 7:30pm.
Single game tickets for all 38 home games are available now at the Perani Arena Ticket Office, inside Perani Arena at 3501 Lapeer Rd. or through Ticketmaster at www.ticketmaster.com or over the phone. Tickets range in price from $5 for children (end zone seat) to $12 for adults (center ice seat).
• Discuss this story on the International Hockey League 2 message board...
International Hockey League 2 Stories from October 13, 2009
- K-Wings Release Swanson - IHL 2
- Kitts to Serve as Mallards' Head Equipment Manager - Quad City Mallards
- Icehawks Add Local Defenseman To Roster - Port Huron Icehawks
- IHL Prepares to Open Season Friday - IHL 2
- Generals Add Veteran Defenseman In Henry - Flint Generals
- Bullet Points 50th Year Opening Night - Muskegon Lumberjacks
- 2009-2010 PrairieThunder Roster Set - Bloomington PrairieThunder
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Flint Generals Stories
- Generals Zvyagin on Shelf, Alban Signed as Emergency Backup
- Generals and Komets Prepare for Game 4 on Friday
- Generals Win Thriller in OT to Take Game 3
- Generals Prepared For Game 3 Of Turner Cup Finals At Home Tonight At 7pm
- Generals Defeat Muskegon In Game 7; Will Face Fort Wayne In Turner Cup Finals