Game Times, Broadcast Partner Set for the Women's Cup
Paramount+ will stream all four matches this August of The Women's Cup, an inaugural tournament featuring the NWSL's Racing Louisville and Chicago Red Stars, Frauen-Bundesliga champion FC Bayern Munich and Division 1 Féminine champion Paris Saint-Germain.
The action kicks off at 5 p.m. ET Wednesday, Aug. 18, with Bayern facing PSG in a matchup between two of of Europe's UEFA Women's Champions League semifinalists at Lynn Family Stadium in Louisville, Ky. At 7:30 p.m. ET, Racing and Chicago will meet in a contest that will also count in the NWSL's regular-season standings.
Winners of the opening day games will face off in The Women's Cup final at 6 p.m. ET on Saturday, Aug. 21, with a third-place game preceding at 3 p.m. ET.
"Paramount+ is committed to showcasing the world's top clubs across both the men's and women's game, and these four clubs only further elevate the quality of our soccer programming," said Jeffrey Gerttula, executive vice president and general manager of CBS Sports Digital. "Paramount+ continues to be a year-round must-have soccer destination for fans of the game, and we're excited for The Women's Cup to be a part of our growing lineup at CBS Sports."
CBS Sports Digital will deliver additional coverage and original programming, plus feature highlights across social channels, CBSSports.com, the CBS Sports app and CBS Sports HQ, the 24/7 streaming sports news network. The Women's Cup matches will also re-air at a later time on CBS Sports Network.
A leading destination for U.S. soccer fans, Paramount+ features more than 1,600 live matches each year, including many Racing and Chicago games throughout the NWSL season, which also airs on CBS Television Network and CBS Sports Network.
Tickets to The Women's Cup go on sale June 15. Fans are encouraged to visit TheWomensCup.world now to make a ticket reservation. Those with reservations will receive first right to select their seats later this month.
• Discuss this story on the National Women's Soccer League message board...
National Women's Soccer League Stories from June 8, 2021
- San Diego to be Home to NWSL Expansion Team, Led by Jill Ellis as President - San Diego
- San Diego to be Home to NWSL Expansion Team, Led by Jill Ellis as President - NWSL
- Gaëtane Thiney Joins NJ/NY Gotham FC on Loan from Paris FC for the 2021 Season - NJ/NY Gotham FC
- Game Times, Broadcast Partner Set for the Women's Cup - Racing Louisville FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Racing Louisville FC Stories
- What to Watch for with Racing vs. the NC Courage
- Salmon's Debut Heroics Boost Racing Past Houston Dash
- What to Watch for with Racing vs. the Houston Dash
- Racing Signs Nadim as Latest High-Profile International Addition
- Game Times, Broadcast Partner Set for the Women's Cup