GAME REPORT : Williams and Oilers Blank Rush
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers shutout out the Rapid City Rush 3-0 Tuesday at the BOK Center behind 30 saves from Devin Williams to start a stretch of four games against division opponents in five days.
In his first game back in an Oilers uniform, Dan DeSalvo helped setup the game's first goal, ultimately deflected into the net by Ryan Tesink 2:55 into the first period. Tulsa was unsuccessful on three first period power plays, but led 1-0 after one, outshooting Rapid City 17-8 in the frame.
Rapid City outshot Tulsa 16-11 in the middle period, as the 1-0 score held through 40 minutes. Williams stopped all 23 Rush shots through two periods.
The Oilers peppered Rapid City goaltender Adam Vay to a tune of 47 shots, including 19 in the third period, as Joey Sides and Charlie Sampair added insurance goals in the final stanza.
The Oilers host the Wichita Thunder at 7:05pm Wednesday on the York Plumbing Ice at the BOK Center.
Images from this story
Williams and Oilers Blank Rush
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 31, 2018
- WILLIAMS BLANKS RUSH ON 30 SAVES - Rapid City Rush
- GAME REPORT : Williams and Oilers Blank Rush - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Recap - Colorado's Win Streak Halted in 3-1 Los - Colorado Eagles
- Three Quick Goals in the Second Sail Admirals Past Stingrays 5-3 on Tuesday. - Norfolk Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.