GAME REPORT: Oilers Defeat Americans in Overtime
ALLEN, TX - The longest tenured player on the Tulsa Oilers, Adam Pleskach paved the way with a hat trick, and Vladimir Nikiforov added the final touch in overtime to lead the Oilers past the Allen Americans 4-3 Friday at the Allen Event Center.
Tulsa took an early lead when Garrett Ladd found Pleskach wide open on the doorstep for a tap-in goal 4:20 into the game. Allen tied things up when Marcus Basara tallied his first pro goal on a one-timer from the right circle. The Americans briefly took a 2-1 lead late in the frame on a 2-on-1 rush when Alex Schoenborn's centering pass deflected off of an Oiler and into the back of the Tulsa net. Pleskach had an answer, though, with just 17 seconds to play when he scored a second tap-in goal of the game to tie the score at 2-2.
The Oilers' captain completed his hat trick at 9:03 of the second period to put Tulsa back in front 3-2. Jake Hildebrand stopped all 13 Americans shots in the stanza, including a flurry of saves on a late Allen power play to keep the Oilers in front at the second break.
Eric Roy evened the score at 3-3 for Allen in the third period with a blast from the top of the right circle just after an Americans power play ended, forcing overtime. Nikiforov fired a shot through the legs of Allen goaltender Jeremy Brodeur 1:26 into the extra period to seal Tulsa's fourth straight road victory.
The Oilers and Americans face off one more time Saturday at 7:05pm the Allen Event Center before a short Holiday Break. Catch all the action on the Sports Animal (99.9FM/1550AM), ECHL.TV or www.tulsaoilers.com (Listen Live), with pregame coverage starting at 6:45pm. Tulsa will return home Wednesday to face the Kansas City Mavericks on the York Plumbing Ice at the BOK Center at 7:05pm.
-- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram, or "Like" us on Facebook for more information about your Tulsa Oilers.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 24, 2017
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- Nailers vs. Beast Game Day Snap Shot, December 23 - Wheeling Nailers
- Royals Game Preview: Reading Looks for Holiday Cheer against Monarchs - Reading Royals
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule, December 23 - Manchester Monarchs
- Rush Drop Narrow Contest - Rapid City Rush
- Game Day: Admirals Look to Make It Three Straight against the Solar Bears - Norfolk Admirals
- Game Recap --- Eagles Pick up Point, But Fall to Utah 5-4 in Overtime - Colorado Eagles
- Three's a Crowd in 5-1 Win vs. Kansas City - Wichita Thunder
- Vaive Scores Hat Trick, Cyclones Stave off Mallard Comeback Bid - Quad City Mallards
- GAME REPORT: Oilers Defeat Americans in Overtime - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Recap: Taylor Makes Hats Fly as Wings Cruise Past Toledo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Hogberg Holds off Nailers - Wheeling Nailers
- Railers Can'T Solve Riopel Despite 44 Shots on Goal - Worcester Railers HC
- Hogberg, Todd Lift Beast to Win over Wheeling - Brampton Beast
- Royals Eye Saturday Rematch After 5-2 Loss to Manchester - Reading Royals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.