Game Preview: Gens Look for First Win of the Series Tonight against 67's at Home at 6:05pm
The Generals return to home ice tonight at the Tribute Communities Centre to battle the Ottawa 67's in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals. After winning four straight to beat Niagara in the second round, the Gens have had a tough start to this series in Ottawa by falling down 2-0. With the hometown crowd behind them tonight, Oshawa will aim for a big win to get themselves back into the series in Game 3.
The Gens were able to get off to a good start in Game 1 of the series after outscoring the 67's 4-2 in the opening periods in Ottawa before falling 6-4 to finish the game. Followed up by a 7-3 loss in Game 2, Oshawa will need to find a way to hold off Ottawa's offense tonight in Game 3 in order to claim their first win of the series.
Oshawa goaltender Kyle Keyser has been one of the most important Generals so far in the playoffs. Coming into the Eastern Conference Finals, the net minder held the leading goals-against average of all goalies in the post-season at an incredible 2.09 as well as the lead in save percentage at 0.943. While it's been a tough start to the series, look for Keyser to have a bounce back performance and help be a key contributor in limiting Ottawa's chances tonight.
A couple of Generals players who have managed to start the series off strong include Allan McShane and Brandon Saigeon. McShane has been on fire to start the third round, tallying an incredible 5 points already through 2 games including a 3-point night in Game 1 and a goal and a helper in Game 2. Following the trend has been Saigeon, who has been finding the back of the net with 3 goals so far in the series. With each forward showing no trouble racking up the points, look for them both to be key pieces up front tonight as the Gens aim to get their offense rolling in Game 3.
Join us at the Tribute Communities Centre tonight for the 6:05pm puck drop to cheer on the Gens as they take on the 67's in Game 3! Also at tonight's game, the Easter Bunny will be there to take pictures and celebrate with an Easter egg hunt on the concourse and colouring pages! After tonight's game, the Gens will stay at home to play Game 4 on Wednesday at 7:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from April 21, 2019
- Generals Topped by Ottawa, Down 3-0 in Series - Oshawa Generals
- 67's Push Generals to the Brink with 5-1 Win - Ottawa 67's
- Western Conference Finals - Game 3 Preview: Guelph Storm at Saginaw Spirit - Guelph Storm
- Game Preview: Gens Look for First Win of the Series Tonight against 67's at Home at 6:05pm - Oshawa Generals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oshawa Generals Stories
- Generals' Moms Power Comeback, Greyhounds Finish It in the Shootout
- Game Preview: Greyhounds Race to the 'Shwa Tonight at 7:35pm
- Neumann Scores to Beat Fronts in Thrilling Finish
- Game Preview: Rival Frontenacs Visit Generals with Vengeance on Their Minds at 7:05pm
- Firebirds Stay Hot, Beat Late-Surging Generals for Ten Straight